Obtaining Bank Records

LuckyG

Please only comment if you have experience or knowledge in this matter....No Opinions or thoughts Please!!!.... 

Has anyone ever tried to obtain an X's bank statements in Thailand, for a legal dispute?  Is it even possible w a court order? 

For my personal account, Kasikorn bank is demanding that i obtain a police report, before they will provide detailed statements over 4 years old.... a police report for my own records!!! I cannot imagine how hard it will be to get another persons records. Lawyers say they can get these records with a court order but I question how true this is.

Has anyone successfully been able to get bank records of another in Thailand, via court order? Thanks!

• Confused 1

I have been able to get various reports from my bank for my own accounts just by asking and completing a form and paying a small fee.  For one special report they went back 10 years.  It was not one of their standard reports and it took just over 1 month.  I believe the fee was 500 THB.  Never attempted to get a report for another person and I would assume a court order would be required.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, arick said:

I court order will allow you to look at your Xs account. 

You can also just ask the bank manager for transaction date of your x they might just tell you yes or no very easy 

Just now, arick said:

You can also just ask the bank manager for transaction date of your x they might just tell you yes or no very easy 

I just don't understand on what grounds are you going to get a court order to look at your wife's financial statement that's the solution on what grounds are you going to have your lawyer get a court order

Just now, arick said:

I just don't understand on what grounds are you going to get a court order to look at your wife's financial statement that's the solution on what grounds are you going to have your lawyer get a court order

You have to get a court order that she owes you money or that she's in breach of contracts or she's been breach of giving me money and then you have permission to look at everything land deeds bank accounts you name it but first you have to establish that

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2023 at 10:19 AM, LuckyG said:

Has anyone ever tried to obtain an X's bank statements in Thailand, for a legal dispute?  Is it even possible w a court order? 

You think you can just get another person's bank statements? Lol

Obviously this has to go through police / court, if the court agrees that the evidence which you provided is sufficient, then they (or police) might request the statement from the bank.