Fierce Dog Attack On German Resident In Jomtien

mcd

0060707_5.jpg

Mr. Reinhard Richard Buhrig, aged 70, from Germany is a resident in Pattaya and has been here for many years at Jomtien Nivate Village, Thappraya Road.

He has been having continuous problems with a neighbour’s dog in the village; indeed he has been bitten by this dog twice already.

One night, while he was walking out of the village, he passed this neighbour’s house and again the dog which was running around with no muzzle rushed at him and mauled and bit him 5 times, leaving the man seriously injured.

Mr. Buhrig stated that the dog’s owner had paid him compensation for the previous incident and stated that the dog would be muzzled and chained, but they didn’t keep their promise.

The man’s shirt and trousers – even his hat that fell off while he was trying to escape from the attack were covered in blood.

The Sawang Rescuers quickly gave him first aid and sent him to the hospital for treatment.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...;IdArticle=6503

No comment. All loose dogs are God's creatures and none of them should ever be put down, no matter how terrible the damage to adult or children.

There, does that about sum up the prevailing view on here?

def fault of owners, but dogs tend to know friend from foe!

I find this story unbelievable.

This dog had bitten the guy twice already and this time it did some real damage and it's still walking around?

I like dogs but...

A dog that (seriously) bites a human should be destroyed save extenuating circumstances (and I mean guilty until proven innocent).

Gerd asks the breed. This is relevant because it was not some nipping yapping little rat that did the damage described here.

I would shoot the dog.

In fairness I would shoot the owner too , if nobody was looking.

:o

It`s not the dogs fault its the owners fault.

you are correct, and if the owner can not look after the dog then it has to be taken away from him, to save any further damage, and especially to young ones and babies, of which i have no doubt this dog could kill.

if a new owner can not be found then the dog has to be destroyed i'm afraid.

Pass this dog on to a new owner!........Must be joking; to avoid the possibility of it perhaps mauling a child to death next time & THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME, it should be put down without delay, along with it's owner! Bad dogs are in most cases the result of bad owners.

you are correct, and if the owner can not look after the dog then it has to be taken away from him, to save any further damage, and especially to young ones and babies, of which i have no doubt this dog could kill.

if a new owner can not be found then the dog has to be destroyed i'm afraid.

Enlist the dog into the Thai Military as a Guard Dog.

It may be the victim's fault.

Does this dog attack everyone, or just the vic? Maybe the vic has tormented the dog in the past, or shouts at it whenever he goes past. Don't know.

If the dog attacks everyone, then an ounce of lead in the left ear is the best solution. But if it discriminates against this one person, then it needs further research (but the dog should be muzzled).

And thhe owners need to train the dog, if it is young enough.

Enlist the dog into the Thai Military as a Guard Dog.

May be too old - under a year old for a good dog to be fully trained in the military.

Then it takes several months to bring it to full potential.

Barking / yappy dogs are not much good - will not accept disciplne easily.