Body found floating near Koh Samui, Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

Photo via Facebook

by leah

A dead body was found floating in the sea between Koh Samui on Koh Pha Ngan in Surat Thani province, southern Thailand, yesterday. The deceased appears to be a foreign woman, reports MGR Online.

Yesterday, the Facebook page “Chalerm Yord Phongsri” posted photos of a swollen body floating face down in the sea, wearing only underwear/swimwear, with the caption…

“I would like to inform the relevant authorities. [The corpse] was found in the middle of the sea near Haad Rin Beach. We were informed by boat operators. Location coordinates: 9.643881,100.017902”

MGR Online reports that the corpse appears to belong to a foreign woman. However, the deceased is yet to be formally identified.

After the news was posted on Facebook, Koh Samui Marine Police and officers from Koh Pha Ngan police station reported that they coordinated with rescue services to have the body retrieved from the sea.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/samui/body-found-floating-near-koh-samui-thailand

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3

There was a full-moon party at Had Rin Beach on Thursday night attended by 20,000 people. Seems to be a deadly place as a Brit girl died last year after taking a drug bought from there. The story is here   

4 hours ago, rbkk said:

There was a full-moon party at Had Rin Beach on Thursday night attended by 20,000 people. Seems to be a deadly place as a Brit girl died last year after taking a drug bought from there. The story is here   

Deaths every month i would guess.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I just can't quite spot her body in that picture ....

I have a video of the body being brought ashore. The body is in blue plastic behind the boat. The images are just 3 screenshots from the video. I have refrained from posting full images taken on 4 May when the body was first spotted floating in the Gulf of Thailand. The video images certainly appear to show a male body. Plenty of people would justifiably complain if I were to post more graphic images. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spectator2020 said:

I have a video of the body being brought ashore. The body is in blue plastic behind the boat. The images are just 3 screenshots from the video. I have refrained from posting full images taken on 4 May when the body was first spotted floating in the Gulf of Thailand. The video images certainly appear to show a male body. Plenty of people would justifiably complain if I were to post more graphic images. 

do you suspect foul play was involved  ?   i do  ....

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I am keeping an open mind at this stage. Has anything at all been reported in Thai language media? It’s notable that there is so little media coverage. Maybe THAIGER will publish further updates?? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

People die like weekly on phangan, it is funny how it is always about ko tao. But always hard to claim or prove foul play with the drugs used combined with alcohol and water near by, if that is the case at all for this one of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Spectator2020 said:

I am keeping an open mind at this stage. Has anything at all been reported in Thai language media? It’s notable that there is so little media coverage. Maybe THAIGER will publish further updates?? 

They usually do not do further updates, few is reported of what happens. What happens usually comes from the FB pages of the monk and rescue foundation, which is a fraction of all accidents and things happening.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Love It 1