7 dead after car plows into a crowd in front of a Texas shelter that was housing migrants

Scott

image.png

A driver plowed into a group outside a shelter that had been housing migrants in a Texas border town on Sunday, leaving seven people dead – including several immigrants – and close to a dozen injured, authorities say.

Authorities in Brownsville, Texas say they got a call around 8:30 am CT about a Land Rover that hit multiple people who were waiting at a bus stop across the street from the Bishop Enrique San Pedro Ozanam Center, a non-profit homeless shelter that has been helping house migrants. Authorities say it’s unclear whether the crash was intentional.

The crash left seven dead and at least ten injured, Martin Sandoval, a Brownsville police spokesperson, told CNN. Sandoval added that several migrants were among the dead and Border Patrol is working to confirm the identities of the victims.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/07/us/brownsville-texas-car-crash-accident/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

Msm is reporting it may have been accidental apparently the rangerover ran a red light hit the curb went out of control and hit the pedestrians a tragic incident rip to all and condolences to the bereaved I’m hoping it was accidental 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Tug said:

Msm is reporting it may have been accidental apparently the rangerover ran a red light hit the curb went out of control and hit the pedestrians a tragic incident rip to all and condolences to the bereaved I’m hoping it was accidental 

That's good. I was afraid that maybe gun store was closed so had to improvise

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly as if it could be worse apparently the police are leaning towards it was an intentional act that’s especially ugly in my book because the victims are so powerless ahhh just deeply saddening ???? 

Where's the good guy with a Range Rover when you need them?

Texas driver charged with manslaughter after deadly Brownsville crash

May 8 (Reuters) - A Texas man accused of crashing his car into a group of pedestrians near a Brownsville homeless shelter housing migrants, killing eight people, has been charged with manslaughter and aggravated assault, police said on Monday.

Alvarez attempted to flee but was held down by several bystanders, Sauceda said. Investigators were waiting for toxicology reports on Alvarez to determine if he was impaired at the time of the crash.

Police have not ruled out the possibility that the crash was intentional, Sauceda said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/texas-driver-charged-with-eight-counts-manslaughter-crash-2023-05-08/

Authorities-charge-Brownsville-driver-with-8-counts-of-manslaughter.jpg

If you see that rather extensive criminal record, it makes you wonder why this guy was still free on the streets.

Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon x2

Assault against elderly or disabled

Assault causing bodily injury against family member x4

etc etc

22 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

it makes you wonder why this guy was still free on the streets.

Dunno, but I'm sure we can find a liberal democrat to blame.

Biden and Obama?

Walt Disney?

Back soon with some other options.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Before everyone jumps on this guy maybe he was just trying to beat the red light?

Brake failure, after which he tried to do a runner.

Who's "jumping on him"? I mean other than witnesses who restrained him when he tried to run?

For now it's an accident. And he's only been charged with Mansalughter. Does this qualify as "jumping on him"?

Edited by bamnutsak