Time needed to transfer

Looking at booking a emirates flight that lands in BKK at 13:30 and planning on getting a internal Flight that leaves at 16:10, Is that going to give me enough time to transfer ?

Fully understand that the emirates flight could be delayed plus the check in for internal flights close within 50 minutes of departure 

Thank you for any info 

yes i have been many times, but i have not transferred onto a internal flight for a long time and the last time was when emirates was delayed 2 hours and we missed our internal flight and emirates paid costs of missed flight and put us up in a hotel for the night , now i want to avoid that happening hence asking the question 

That would happen if you were booked on one PNR to your final destination as the airline is obliged to get you there, and would likely be OK with the times you suggest.

If on a seperate ticket to your internal flight you'd be on your own and the timing mentioned in the OP is crazy.

Are you on a single ticket,  i.e. using BKK as transfer airport? Then it should work.

But if you have to go through immigration (enterThailand) and then leave again (exit Thailand), then ANY delay will kill your plan.

On 5/8/2023 at 4:12 PM, Swiss1960 said:

Are you on a single ticket,  i.e. using BKK as transfer airport? Then it should work.

But if you have to go through immigration (enterThailand) and then leave again (exit Thailand), then ANY delay will kill your plan.

No, its a separate ticket , We are going to chance it,  The ticket is for the wife and if we miss it , Then will go and get a bus.  I did asked the Eyes off owen from Youtube about is connection onto a internal flight and he said that he had loads of time, But he did buy his ticket after landing in BKK  

• 4 weeks later...

I flew in on Friday, landed at 3.30pm. We also docked at gate C7 which is almost the furthest you can be from immigration. Within 30 minutes of walking off the airbridge I was out of the airport. No queue at immigration, all desks open, quickly through then a five minute wait for my bag. 

It really is the luck of the draw. I think you actually have plenty of time unless your flight is seriously delayed.