85 Tourists Adrift at Sea in Trang When Boat's Rope Snaps

webfact

11 hours ago, webfact said:

To sum up, this incident serves as a stark reminder of the crucial role that safety plays in the tourism industry. It's essential that we remain alert and implement all necessary precautions to avert the likelihood of similar incidents happening again in the future.

ahhh the standard bs corporate talk statement. welcome to costco i love you. 

4 hours ago, BenStark said:

Good to see that they all wearing life jackets, I have known different times

My guess is most of those Asian tourists don’t know how to swim…hence grest idea to where life vests but non swimmers shouldn’t be in the water period…

I have two anchors in each of my fishing and dive boats for this exact reason.  If I am at sea and the anchor is lost on a coral head then I have a spare I can tie to the rope.  I also carry 200 meters of anchor rope.

I do this because this is not the West, there is no coast guard vessle or rescue helicopter to come and save you if you are drifting out to sea.

I am frankly amazed that a tourist vessel such as this is not required to carry a reserve anchor.  Maybe it is, but no one inspects to ensure compliance.

• Sad 1

Thai Officials Clarify Viral Video Showing 85 Tourists Floating in the Trang Sea

S__4915227-696x406.jpg

PHOTO: Naew Na

Thai national park officials have clarified to the public the situation after a video clip of about 85 tourists floating in the sea in Trang caught attention on Thai social media and went viral.

A video clip of many tourists who were wearing life jackets floating in the sea in front of a sea cave went viral on Thai social media earlier this week.

The Head of the Hat Chao Mai National Park Mr. Parit Narasaritkun told Thai media, “The incident took place on Saturday May 6th. About 85 tourists were travelling with a two level tour boat from the Pak Meng Pier in Trang.”

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/10/thai-officials-clarify-viral-video-showing-85-tourists-floating-in-the-trang-sea/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.