Blacklisted from working in Thailand?

Hello,

I'm a certified teacher from Canada (Bachelor of Education.)

Worked in Thailand at two different schools.

-2014-2016 School #1

-2016- 2018 School #2

I've been wanting to come back to Thailand for August. However, the International school that hired me told me that I'm blacklisted because my previous schools used all three of my waivers (I completed the Thai culture Course as I was switching from job 1 to 2.)

A second school (top tier international school) contacted me again and prior to offering me a job also told me I was blacklisted and they couldn't help me get off the list.

Is there a way to complete the Thai teacher certification program prior to accepting a position in Thailand? 

Thank you.

• Confused 2

After you've used up your waivers, it's time to get the full Thailand teaching license.

You'll need this form: https://www.coursehero.com/file/33373923/Form-KS01-1pdf/

Unfortunately this isn't the complete form. It's on the Khurusapha website, www.ksp.or.th, which doesn't seem to be working now.

You'll need your last school's assistance in completing this form. You'll need signatures from the school director, and 3-5 other teachers, to all vouch for your performance there. This might be difficult to do from outside of Thailand. It might require a trip back on vacation. And knowing Thailand, you might have to grease a few palms to get them interested in such a bothersome task, heh. But if you got offers from top level intl schools, it might be worth it.

Alternatively, you might try the ol' "new passport trick". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They might not see your previous waivers using a new passport number. It worked for me to get 5 waivers. ????

But now I'm done teaching and roasting in Thailand, and am currently enjoying a chilly 4 degrees C here in Idaho, with growing teaching opportunities.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Slip said:

International schools?  I thought teachers at such schools don't need waivers.

Teachers at International Schools need waivers or licenses just like everyone else. 

One of they ways you can get a Thai teacher's license, is to have a license from your home country.  If you are a qualified teacher from Canada, or the UK or the US, you can just present proof of your qualifications to the TCT (along with a lot of other paperwork) and get your Thai Teacher's License.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a windup.

The op would need some form of licensure to teach. The schools would have applied for either his license or a waiver but one or the other. Without those he's not allowed in the classroom probably doubly so in an international School. So my first question is how did he teach for 4 years without either?

If the answer is - he was given waivers. This goes against pretty much every mid to upper tier international school that I'm familiar with in dealing with western CREDENTIALLED teachers. Moreover, the paperwork for the school will be easier after the initial professional application. Therefore, it makes no sense that this gentleman was in not one but two schools and neither bother to apply for professional license for him when it is virtually automatic by virtue of him holding certification and a Western country.

On 5/11/2023 at 6:17 AM, TheFishman1 said:

There are probably many Asian countries would love for you to teach you to check out other Asian countries TIT

e.g. Vietnam. Kids eager to learn, respond well in the classroom, not frightened to ask questions, always polite.