Report extension NON-O retirement (bank method) at CW

30 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

Last 90-day report (note: this is not on the official list of requirements but they will check it and print it out themselves if you do not have it

Good report. Ta.

My last extension retirement CW they wanted TM47 receipt.

Prior to that it was never required. 

I am doing an extension of my Non O next week. I have been to the bank to ensure the letter from the bank about my funds, a statement of my account and my bank book update will be ok to do on the day of my application. The bank said they don't do statements, for a fixed deposit book. Is this going to cause me a problem? Thanks for any replies

Edited by Thai Wally

20 minutes ago, mokwit said:

TM30 not asked for?

I have never been asked for a TM.30, I believe this is more likely with marriage extensions and/or if you have a house. In my case I have been at the same rented apartment for all my five or so extensions

23 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've only ever been on a retirement extension, never been on a marriage extension.

And I've been asked for a TM30 at BKK-CW in the past, though not for the past year or two of annual visits.

You are confused 

Suggest that you provided TM30 and was accepted but not a requirement.

CW does not require TM30 for extension. 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

You are confused 

Suggest that you provided TM30 and was accepted but not a requirement.

No, I was told by the IO a couple years back I needed to provide the TM30 in order to have my extension processed, and thus I did. But as I said above, that was not the case in the past year or two.

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

No, I was told by the IO a couple years back I needed to provide the TM30 in order to have my extension processed, and thus I did. But as I said above, that was not the case in the past year or two.

Fine..

However we need to balance most reports vs random rogue immigration officer.

TM30 is not required for annual extensions. 

Added note: current thread with extension report CW.

Added requirement is TM47.

That is relatively new at CW. 

On 5/11/2023 at 11:20 PM, DrJack54 said:

Fine..

However we need to balance most reports vs random rogue immigration officer.

TM30 is not required for annual extensions. 

Added note: current thread with extension report CW.

Added requirement is TM47.

That is relatively new at CW. 

I did the same as OP today. 

Nobody asked for 90-day report. 

I use a fixed deposit account, always more than 800000 in it.

Bangkok Bank at CW issued a statement stating very clearly that in the end of March the account dropped to 600000, which isn't true.

They said it were  technical reasons and they couldn't be moved to issue a correct statement. "The IO will know" 555

So I didn't use the statement.  I used their letter plus copies of the bank book (bank book never showed this imaginary drop).

No problems.

Extension 20 minutes,  then wait for passport 30 minutes. 

Then wait for re-entry 1 hour. 

The place is crowded like in 2019. If you speak Mandarin you will feel at home. 

6 minutes ago, Lorry said:

So I didn't use the statement.  I used their letter plus copies of the bank book (bank book never showed this imaginary drop).

No problems.

Don't really follow your post.

The issue for me was that my bank bank had zero transactions for various months.

Hence they wanted bank statements.

With me pointing out that this had never been an issue previously and that I keep 800+ all year round in a dedicated bank account.

I had to "debate" with senior io.

As for the TM47... because I was sent back to document check the person doing that requested TM47.

"Where TM47"

Experiences vary as is always the case. 

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't really follow your post.

The issue for me was that my bank bank had zero transactions for various months.

Hence they wanted bank statements.

With me pointing out that this had never been an issue previously and that I keep 800+ all year round in a dedicated bank account.

I had to "debate" with senior io.

As for the TM47... because I was sent back to document check the person doing that requested TM47.

"Where TM47"

Experiences vary as is always the case. 

I got the statement from Bangkok Bank just in case,  I have never needed one. The statement I got was wrong.  It stated a drop of the balance to 600,000 at the end of March.  The bank manager acknowledged,  that this wasn't true, but explained that it was impossible to issue a true statement. The  reasons were a bit complicated.  She said the IO would understand.

Fortunately,  IO didn't want to see a statement.  Just letter from the bank and copy of all pages of the bank book. The bank book always showed the correct balance. 

On 5/11/2023 at 10:59 AM, cormanr7 said:

I have never been asked for a TM.30, I believe this is more likely with marriage extensions and/or if you have a house. In my case I have been at the same rented apartment for all my five or so extensions

Went for first Non O retirement visa extension at CW yesterday; in addition to bank book, copies of bank book, letter from bank, passport, copies of passport entries, photos, and TM7, I was asked for a signed copy of TM30 and signed copy of landlord's ID.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Drumbuie said:

Went for first Non O retirement visa extension at CW yesterday; in addition to bank book, copies of bank book, letter from bank, passport, copies of passport entries, photos, and TM7, I was asked for a signed copy of TM30 and signed copy of landlord's ID.

If it was your first extension how did you provide tm47 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 11:09 PM, DrJack54 said:

I would advise all to ignore this. *SOME* people are reporting no TM30 asked for but it seems increasingly that chances are that if you don't have a TM30 you will leave empty handed. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 9:38 AM, hackjam said:

Do you need to present the actual bank book or does bank letter and copies of updated bank book do?

BKK CW for extension applications typically wants all three:

--they want to see and examine your original bank book, which has to be updated the day of your Immigration visit before you go in.

--they want the original bank letter no older than 7 days prior confirming your account and balance.

--And, they want signed photocopies of the main page of your bank book along with the pages showing all your transaction activity for the prior 12 month period.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BKK CW for extension applications typically wants all three:

--they want to see and examine your original bank book, which has to be updated the day of your Immigration visit before you go in.

--they want the original bank letter no older than 7 days prior confirming your account and balance.

--And, they want signed photocopies of the main page of your bank book along with the pages showing all your transaction activity for the prior 12 month period.

I have always (since the 400k BS) handed them a 1 yr statement and never had it handed back. For Bt200 why take the risk of a refused extension is my thinking (dedicated account so inactive).

On 8/25/2023 at 6:40 PM, mokwit said:

I have always (since the 400k BS) handed them a 1 yr statement and never had it handed back.

Do you mean you submitted the official 1-year bank statement INSTEAD of the signed bank book photocopies, or IN ADDITION to the book photocopies?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 8/25/2023 at 1:58 PM, mokwit said:

I would advise all to ignore this. *SOME* people are reporting no TM30 asked for but it seems increasingly that chances are that if you don't have a TM30 you will leave empty handed. Better safe than sorry.

I am  another one who has never been asked for a TM30.

I don't think I even have one.

11 hours ago, Lorry said:

I am  another one who has never been asked for a TM30.

I don't think I even have one.

The fact that you haven't been asked for one in the past doesn't mean you won't get asked for one in the future. I wasn't asked for one for 27 years, only until last year. I had filed one in 2019 (?) when they had the clampdown.

• 3 months later...

I went to Chang Wattana today and was refused my first 1 year extension of stay on my current Non-O retirement visa. I was told because I need a 1 year lease. I currently live in a month to month apartment building.

The male Immigration Officer asked me "where's your contract"? I politely told him that I pay month to month at the apartment where I stay in Bangkok. I supplied a TM30, invoice and receipt for my rent. He told me no. You need a contact and then also showed me a laminated page describing the Tambien baan and other house registration. I'll attach it. He told me to bring a contact and I asked "how long"? and he said 1 year. He said make an appointment and come back. Your Visa expires Jan 15. Come back etc.

My Non-O expires on Jan 15. Thankfully I went early because I am going to need to do I do not want to make a contact where I am staying because if I decide to leave and go elsewhere.

I am really discouraged. I've not had big problems getting extensions before. I've done all mine at Chonburi. I used only a contract there. Never had to supply a Tambian Baan OR condo owner ID. What gives?

What have others experienced? i saw one person post that he didn't even turn in any residency proof etc.

tambianBaan.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 7:52 AM, cormanr7 said:

-Bankbook (updated the same morning and 100 B withdrawal) with copies of front page and last 13 months of transactions

-Bank letter (which included a separate statement of previous 3 months)

The 100b withdrawal is just the fee bank deducts for the bank statement, correct?

Why 13 months of transactions and not 12?

Is separate statement of previous 3 months a new requirement? I don't recall that when I renewed a year ago. What does that statement say, and how do we ask that bank for it? It's a separate document (piece of paper)?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, david_je said:

The 100b withdrawal is just the fee bank deducts for the bank statement, correct?

Why 13 months of transactions and not 12?

Is separate statement of previous 3 months a new requirement? I don't recall that when I renewed a year ago. What does that statement say, and how do we ask that bank for it? It's a separate document (piece of paper)?

Thanks.

No to both questions. The 100 Baht withdrawal is just to show that the account is still active on the day you are going for your extension (the cost of the bai rap rong is 200 B at SCB). The previous 3 months statement is not an official requirement as far as I am aware of but is automatically supplied by the SCB at Chaeng Wattana (in the Big C building). Possibly it might help convince IOs that you indeed had the required 800K though they should be able to see that from your bank book. Important to note that if you had a lot of transactions, updates in the bank book are sometimes 'pooled'. They don't like that as the amount may have dropped below 800K for some period which you might not see in the pooled statements.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2023 at 12:57 PM, DrJack54 said:

You present actual bank book

The more i read these questions and answers , the more confused i get. I guess that the only way for me is through an agent. But how do i know that he is honest and doing the right thing.