buying ingredients for international restaurants

hadock

out of curiosity..maybe someone here knows something..

a very long time ago i had a friend in munich. Sometimes he would take me shopping with him. He worked in a restaurant and was responsible for buying food. There was a wholesale market which was only open to business customers. This market had everything: fresh fish, meat, vegetables, fruit and so on from all around the world. And always in good quality. Of course, you had to buy in large quantities. But it was always a great experience and you could try many things.  

My question is where do restaurants here in BKK that serves international dishes, such as Italian, Mexican and so on, buy their ingredients such as vegetables, fish, meat, salami, ham, oil, etc.? I don't think the restaurant owners go to Macro or Villa market to buy their ingredients, or do they?

Thank you

There are several distribution companies specializing in supplying foreign ingredients to such restaurants. Which ones they use will depend on the city. In Bangkok for example there is 3sixtyfood or Global Food Products to name a couple.

Edited by Mikeheo