May 14, 20233 yr Not sure if there is such a specific type of orthopaedic professional for Tibia/Fibula fractures? I see there is for ankle, knee etc. Although I have never set foot in Samitivej Sukhumvit, any time I have emailed with questions they were quick to respond. Would this hospital/specialists be considering a good option for a Tibia reconstruction after a spiral fracture? Is there any indication as to what this might cost out of pocket? Are there alternative options/specialists available in Bangkok that can offer similar quality of work at a better price point?
May 14, 20233 yr For a significantly lower cost you would need a government hospital. Long waits, crowded, lots of red tape. But for this type of surgery, about a third the cost. Tibia factures are not a sub-specialty per se but you'd want a very experienced orthopedic trauma surgeon. At Samitivej I suggest https://www.samitivejhospitals.com/doctor/detail/harit-tuchinda
May 14, 20233 yr Author 1 hour ago, Sheryl said: For a significantly lower cost you would need a government hospital. Long waits, crowded, lots of red tape. But for this type of surgery, about a third the cost. Tibia factures are not a sub-specialty per se but you'd want a very experienced orthopedic trauma surgeon. At Samitivej I suggest https://www.samitivejhospitals.com/doctor/detail/harit-tuchinda Are there other names or hospitals that you would rate higher than the recommendation above?
May 14, 20233 yr 2 hours ago, Startmeup said: Are there other names or hospitals that you would rate higher than the recommendation above? No.
May 14, 20233 yr A friend broke an arm bone in a motorbike accident and got excellent treatment at Bangkok Christian Hospital. Significantly less expensive than others.
Create an account or sign in to comment