Hotel In Kl For A Visa Trip?

Searching TV, Googeling internet, telephoning around 15 hotels in KL; NO LUCK.

I apologize if this is not the place to post this but from the sub-forums it is THE most suitable one.

I am going to KL for the visa renewal and need a hotel WITH WIRELESS INTERNET IN THE ROOM. It seems that only the most expensive ones provide WI FI and this seems a bit astonishing. Is Malaysia this much behind the rest of the world in technology???

I am an owner of a guest-house in Pattaya and my guesthouse is in the price range of 400 - 700 b / night, and I know that around me there are many same range hotels and guest houses that, as do I, DO provide free WI FI for the customers.

Instead KL you spend minimum on 150 RM per night to have this facility.

Anyone know any hotel in KL under 150, preferrably under 100 RM, with WI FI?

Searching TV, Googeling internet, telephoning around 15 hotels in KL; NO LUCK.

I apologize if this is not the place to post this but from the sub-forums it is THE most suitable one.

I am going to KL for the visa renewal and need a hotel WITH WIRELESS INTERNET IN THE ROOM. It seems that only the most expensive ones provide WI FI and this seems a bit astonishing. Is Malaysia this much behind the rest of the world in technology???

I am an owner of a guest-house in Pattaya and my guesthouse is in the price range of 400 - 700 b / night, and I know that around me there are many same range hotels and guest houses that, as do I, DO provide free WI FI for the customers.

Instead KL you spend minimum on 150 RM per night to have this facility.

Anyone know any hotel in KL under 150, preferrably under 100 RM, with WI FI?

hans, when i went, i went with airasia. com and when ya look on website instead of checking flights ya can check packages, once on here it gives about 15 or so hotels they offer, now click one of them and it shows hotels detail, how many rooms etc resteraunts etc location and maybe wi fi mate, worth a look.

incidently, maybe check then with hotel direct cos i stayed 5 mins walk from the petronas towers and it was 20 mins on a skytrain!

there is a big hotel over road from embassy but it did look v. expensive.

best of look mate!

hans, when i went, i went with airasia. com and when ya look on website instead of checking flights ya can check packages, once on here it gives about 15 or so hotels they offer, now click one of them and it shows hotels detail, how many rooms etc resteraunts etc location and maybe wi fi mate, worth a look.

incidently, maybe check then with hotel direct cos i stayed 5 mins walk from the petronas towers and it was 20 mins on a skytrain!

best of look mate!

Air Asia web-site seems to give either all some other laces than KL or then expensive ones.

BUT:

DA DAAAA!

THE ONE AND ONLY in Malay Peninsula WITH the magical and state-of-the-art technology of connecting personal computers together, distant from each other, AND: o hear you people of the forests and fields: DOING IT WIRELESSLY...

http://www.anjungkl.com/[/size]

65 RM for a single room, in the city, a/c in room, etc AND WIFI IN ROOM

I will report later how it was but seems very good according to the web-site of theirs.

best of look mate!

Air Asia web-site seems to give either all some other laces than KL or then expensive ones.

BUT:

DA DAAAA!

THE ONE AND ONLY in Malay Peninsula WITH the magical and state-of-the-art technology of connecting personal computers together, distant from each other, AND: o hear you people of the forests and fields: DOING IT WIRELESSLY...

http://www.anjungkl.com/[/size]

65 RM for a single room, in the city, a/c in room, etc AND WIFI IN ROOM

I will report later how it was but seems very good according to the web-site of theirs.

This is not the style of accommodation a lot of people would desire with shared showers and toilets:

From their website:

The Dorm & air-con (sleeps 1 per bed in an 8-bedded dorm) @ RM25 per PERSON per night

Single Room & air-con (1 person) @ RM65 per ROOM per night

Double Room & air-con (2 persons) @ RM70 per ROOM per night

Twin Room & air-con (2 persons) @ RM70 per ROOM per night

Triple Room & air-con (3 persons) @ RM95 per ROOM per night

Family Room & air-con (4 persons) @ RM120 per ROOM per night

Family Room + 1 extra mattress & air-con (5 persons) @ RM150 per ROOM per night

* Shower (24 hours hot and cold shower) and European style toilets are shared, tastefully designed and highly clean.

* All prices are in Ringgit Malaysia (RM) and including taxes.

* And please note a RM 5 surcharge for room and RM 10 surcharge for Family Room is applicable for Friday and

Saturday nights.

* For Malaysian public holidays, the following surcharge is applicable :

Room surcharge - RM 20 per room (sgl/twin/dbl/tpl/family)

Dorm surcharge - RM 10 per bed

I found in KL you must pay over RM 150 per night for anything even half decent (only barely acceptable). To expect a REAL hotel with FREE wifi for around RM 100 is wishful thinking.

Good luck! :o

I found in KL you must pay over RM 150 per night for anything even half decent (only barely acceptable). To expect a REAL hotel with FREE wifi for around RM 100 is wishful thinking.

Good luck! :o

Yes, it is obvious that Malesian hotels have not adapted the technology of this century as have many other countries. I wouldn't believe it's the cost-factor; it is simply the fact that hotel owners have not yet understood HOW important the connection through internet really is to us westerners.

Writing this from Anjung and I must say this place is a positive surprise. Not expensive and still very cosy and just perfect for me who cannot afford to spend fortunes for having a place to stay. I very propably will be here again.

• 3 weeks later...

there is nothing more than a fleepit in KL for under a 100 RM, .! it's not about backwardness, but general price level. Same as ,there's no decent place to sleep in S'pore for under 70-80 SGD >. Or try finding hotel in London for under 20 pounds :o just the general price level, btw. every starbucks has free wi-fi in KL

If you want to pamper yourself a little I can strongly recommend Lansons Place its only 4-5 minutes walk from the thai embassy.

The rooms are a little pricey. We paid app 350 rm as far as I remember but then you also get wifi :o