Chiang Mai First Timer

mekka

Hey guys,

Well ive been living in Phuket for almost 2 years, im currently in Australia on holiday with my thai girlfriend, to see my family and friends...we are heading back to Thailand in 2 weeks and considering checking out Chiang Mai and staying for a few months...neither of us have ever been there so i guess id just like to know where i should start? is it a big place? Im 27 and my girl is 22 so where would be the best spot for us to begin our Chiang mai adventure? If we like it we will look to rent a small place, would be ideal to be close to a good gym maybe somwhere to swim and also some sort of nightlife if possible...anyway any and all information would be great as at this point in time we have no idea where to go...thanks in advance guys.

B4 everyone else tramples you for posting without looking, best advice is to read thru the other3-5 pgs of the CM Forum and find the other 5 posters who asked this same question in the last month or two. Just a little research of your own and you'll get all the answers you need. You can also try the search function in the forum to find your answers. You do the work first, we'll help with the details. And yeah, it's nice here. No ocean, but plenty of nature nearby.