Company has two chanotes - What is the process for selling just one

A person has a home and extra lot.  The two are on separate chanotes.  I am interested in purchasing the vacant lot to build on.  I know I can't buy the company since that would include both properties.  What is the procedure for a company to sell just one Chanote.  Is it easier if the person purchasing goes into Thai name or another company name or does that not make a difference. 

I don't see how the number of chanotes is relevant to this.

A company owns land. You want to buy this land. As a foreigner you obviously can't own land, so you would either have to buy it in the name of a Thai person or a majority Thai owned company.

Buying it in a Thai person's name is easier, but if you buy it in the name of a company of which you hold 49% then it's at least legally partially yours.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 9:13 AM, FriendlyFarang said:

I don't see how the number of chanotes is relevant to this.

A company owns land. You want to buy this land. As a foreigner you obviously can't own land, so you would either have to buy it in the name of a Thai person or a majority Thai owned company.

Buying it in a Thai person's name is easier, but if you buy it in the name of a company of which you hold 49% then it's at least legally partially yours.

It is relevant.  He has two chanotes inside the company and I only want one of them.  He has a vacant piece of land, and a chanote that has a home on it.  I only want the land.  I can't buy his company because that means I would own both Chanotes.