New rule of the Customs Department?

Dario

Only about two months ago I purchased online two bottles of Benfotiamine from New York. I bought them about half the price of what what I would pay on Lazada.

Just three days ago I wanted to re-order the same capsules, but their platform told me the maximum I can order is one bottle. This rule is not only for Benfotiamine, but for any of their products. I sent them an email to ask why this new rule and I was told that the Royal Thai Customs don't allow you anymore to order whatever more than one item as anything above that is considered to be bought for resale. This is a blow for anyone who needs to order medicine or vitamine supplements from abroad.

Does anyone know more about this?

Edited by Dario
typing error
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

That could be just today's (Tuesday's) rule.......Wednesday's rule could be unlimited amounts or zero.......all part of the thrill of living in Thailand.

More likely the company doesn't want to deal with returned merchandise if the buyer refuses to pay custom fees.

Where did OP import this from? Was shipping and customs prepaid as when ordering from Amazon? Things will only get worse if you live here. My whole life was e-commerce and covid literally destroyed it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dario said:

This is a blow for anyone who needs to order medicine or vitamine supplements from abroad.

You are aware that import of medications requires import license so has always been problematic?  Although mailed items in small quantities have often passed without inspection. 

• Like 1

There appears to be a shortage of Benfotiamine with iHerb placing a 2 bottle limit on the LifeExt… product. 
Others are sold out.

Your retailer might be limiting individual sales especially for international delivery .

Also anything over about $45.00 US can trigger a customs inspection.

good luck 

IMG_4902.png

Thai customs, the most hated department in the land, even worse than the immigration dpt.

those clueless buffoons move the goal posts every now and than, and never for the better, only for the worse.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Above offer is for 100 mg capsules. I buy 300 mg cpsules and use 2 capsules a day.

There is not a specific rule of more than one of anything.

What there is, and always has been, is a rule that you cannot import pharmaceuticals (including supplements) at all without an FDA permit.

In practice small quantities sent by regular mail have often -- but not always -- been let through.

What platform was this?  iHerb Thailand has an excellent "feel" for what is likely to get through and what is not.This has nothing to do with actual rules, since explained the actual rule is you cannot order in anything, period. Rather it has to do with the extent to which rules are enforced which is an ever-changing landscape.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

There is not a specific rule of more than one of anything.

What there is, and always has been, is a rule that you cannot import pharmaceuticals (including supplements) at all without an FDA permit.

In practice small quantities sent by regular mail have often -- but not always -- been let through.

What platform was this?  iHerb Thailand has an excellent "feel" for what is likely to get through and what is not.This has nothing to do with actual rules, since explained the actual rule is you cannot order in anything, period. Rather it has to do with the extent to which rules are enforced which is an ever-changing landscape.

The platform is www.pipingrock.com.