Applying for Single Entry Visa in Kuala Lumpur

Hello,

I am writing to discuss my upcoming travel plans to Malaysia and my intention to obtain a Single entry visa from the Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur. Upon visiting their website, I noticed that it is possible to book an appointment for the visa application process.

However, I encountered a challenge as they only offer 1 or 2 available dates per month. This discrepancy has raised concerns for me, as it seems unusual. I am curious to know if anyone has had a recent experience with visiting the embassy without a prior online appointment. I am interested in learning if it is possible to apply for a visa by simply dropping in at the embassy.

My plan is to travel to Malaysia for a week or less, and it would be ideal if I could complete the visa application during that time. However, if embassy visits are limited to only one or two dates a month, it would mean waiting an entire month in Malaysia for an appointment, which is impractical for my travel schedule.

I have attempted to contact the embassy through email and Facebook, but unfortunately, I have received generic template responses that do not address my specific questions.

If anyone has recently dealt with the Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur and can provide insights or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Edited by ddddan

You need an appointment to apply for a visa, but that does not mean you need to be a month in Kuala Lumpur to get the visa. Once you submit the application, I believe the visa is placed in your passport and returned to you the following day in the afternoon.

I have seen no recent reports from those applying for tourist visas in KL. At last report, they were being strict in their requirements, and liable to deny an application for a tourist visa if you have spent long periods in Thailand as a tourist.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, BritTim said:

You need an appointment to apply for a visa, but that does not mean you need to be a month in Kuala Lumpur to get the visa. Once you submit the application, I believe the visa is placed in your passport and returned to you the following day in the afternoon.

I have seen no recent reports from those applying for tourist visas in KL. At last report, they were being strict in their requirements, and liable to deny an application for a tourist visa if you have spent long periods in Thailand as a tourist.

If the earliest available appointment for a visa in Kuala Lumpur is on June 2nd or 6th, and you are traveling to KL on June 10th, then you will need to wait about a month to get an appointment. The visa application process itself should take no more than 3-4 business days.

I'm aware that the Thai Embassies have implemented stricter rules, particularly regarding the proof of onward travel from Thailand. It is now required to present a complete itinerary, so for instance, if you are in Chiang Mai but flying out from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur; essentially, you must provide the flight ticket from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and then from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur. In the past, some individuals may have only shown a ticket for departure from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur as proof of exiting Thailand.

Edit: here are the requirements for a single entry TR Visa.

Edited by ddddan
  • Confused 1

Update: I just got an email from the embassy in KL after 2 days and received the following message:

Dear Applicant,

The visa processing is 2 working days including submission day. 
Of course, all visa applicants need the appointment, kindly refer to the link below for visa application.
http://LNY.IO/RTEKL.

Best regards,
Visa Department, Consular Section
Royal Thai Embassy, Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

So that concludes this thread.