Farang Babies in the Village

hmmmm... he might be trying to say "It seems much more common for a lady to have a baby with her Thai tilac, the Thai man to leave, and then a Farang to appear as the step father". Reading between the lines one might  suspect that babies in the former situation will have a different life experience  to the latter, but that's being cynical ?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

But, my impression is that there are lots of Thais who look like Farangs, at least partially. Or maybe I've been in Thailand too long.

Less than 0.1% to my eye. Stuff all. 

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I don't know how common it is for Thai ladies to produce Farang babies in the village.

I know of several, including my own Luk khrueng (literally "half child") daughter, who was born in the local hospital and lived her first couple of healthy years in an Isaan village. And she don't look Thai at all.

It might have to do with age, if a foreign man takes over child/children from a Thai spouse's previous relationship(s), or eventual add a child together, or find a girl/lady with no children and therefore need to produce their own (like in my case)...????

• Like 2

I think more poignant is the high percentage of western men who father a child and then run away and fail to provide. Cowards.

Then you have the Thai men who also leave their offspring. Cowards.

Finally you have the western men who father children in Thailand in their later life but have no resources to send their kids to schools and universities which would give them the opportunity to break out of Thailand and earn a living on a world scale. Condemning your kids to a life as a Luk krueng version of Somchai the local XYZ is beyond comprehension and selfish beyond extreme.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, SGD said:

I think more poignant is the high percentage of western men who father a child and then run away and fail to provide. Cowards.

Finally you have the western men who father children in Thailand in their later life but have no resources to send their kids to schools and universities which would give them the opportunity to break out of Thailand and earn a living on a world scale. Condemning your kids to a life as a Luk krueng version of Somchai the local XYZ is beyond comprehension and selfish beyond extreme.

I do think that a lot of the Fathers do not realise a Child has been born . 

They just have condom free sex with a woman and be on their way the next day with no concerns about the consequences of STDS or pregnancies or anything and thus they never find out about a Child being born 

32 minutes ago, SGD said:

Most hate the west. Hence why they in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Goat said:

Probably because most of the hookers you find in pattaya etc are single mums.

They really dont like being hookers but there is often pressure from the families to earn cash to support while grandma is lumped with looking after the kid. 

They will pretend to love any lonely sex tourist loser who isnt the sharpest tool in the shed who then gets lumped with financially supporting her not to work and all the kids expenses, school fees etc. 

Seen heaps of these blokes living in Issan over the years. The women really prefer the ones that just stay in their own countries and send money all year and come over for a couple of weeks per year.

And they request visit programs so the all dont come at the same time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Reads to me like just another day, another Thai bashing thread.

But that's me ... ????

Nope. I lived in Mexico previously, where light skinned, blue eyed individuals typically earn double the average salary. Despite this, you don't see Mexican ladies churning out "white" babies. Having said that, I dated one Mexican lady who was intent on making a baby with me.

Thailand seems different in this regard.

44 minutes ago, Goat said:

Seen heaps of these blokes living in Issan over the years. The women really prefer the ones that just stay in their own countries and send money all year and come over for a couple of weeks per year.

In the latter case, there are no babies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

In the latter case, there are no babies.

Make one, get home and make the cash for gf and the baby.
Please just send cash and the occasional video call but do not bother to come and visit.
Don't waste your time. The monthly pay check is sufficient.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Make one, get home and make the cash for gf and the baby.
Please just send cash and the occasional video call but do not bother to come and visit.
Don't waste your time. The monthly pay check is sufficient.

did you ever hear of that happening? 

There's a very good reason it's a rare thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

hmmmm... he might be trying to say "It seems much more common for a lady to have a baby with her Thai tilac, the Thai man to leave, and then a Farang to appear as the step father". Reading between the lines one might  suspect that babies in the former situation will have a different life experience  to the latter, but that's being cynical ?

maybe he is just checking to see if having had a vasectomy the colour changes,

she's told him it does.

"But, my impression is that there are lots of Thais who look like Farangs, at least partially. Or maybe I've been in Thailand too long."

Your "impression" is yours.

What really leapt of the page at me is that you didn't use the term "Luk khrueng",

The second thing was the clunky, awkward way that you expressed your ugly, sour, spiteful attitude.

Hence my "impressions" of you are, first,  that you are not familiar enough with Thailand for your "impression" of anything in or about it to be worth much, if anything, at all.

And, second, that you are just the sort of White foreigner that I stay as far away from as possible.

Really unpleasant contribution from you.

I hope that a mod will kill it very soon.

• Sad 1