Mysterious death: Woman discovered lifeless in sedan at Isaan resort

webfact

image.jpeg

A woman was found dead in the back seat of a sedan parked at a resort in the Isaan province of Buriram yesterday at around 5.30pm. Her body was covered with bruises as if she had been attacked and murdered. Adding to the woman’s mysterious death, two suspicious people disappeared from the scene.

Officers from Lam Plai Mart Police Station and a rescue team rushed to the scene to save the life of a woman who reportedly tried to end her life by overdosing on medicine.

Upon arrival, the officers found the body of the lifeless woman, aged about 25 to 30 years old, in the back of the sedan, a dark green Toyota, with a registration plate ชน 967. She was half-naked wearing only shorts, and her face was covered with a cloth. The rescuers dragged her out of the car and administered CPR, but her body did not respond.

The incident was suspicious because the bruises and injuries found on her body indicated physical assault rather than suicide.

by Petch Petpailin

Top Photo via Facebook/ สมาคมกู้ภัยอัมรินทร์ใต้ ตอบโต้ภัยพิบัติ บุรีรัมย์"อำเภอลำปลายมาศ"

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-05-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

..................covered with bruises as if she had been attacked and murdered.

.................rushed to the scene to save the life of a woman who reportedly tried to end her life.

The incident was suspicious ...........................      I would agree.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Adding to the woman’s mysterious death, two suspicious people disappeared from the scene.

Seconded.

3 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

..................covered with bruises as if she had been attacked and murdered.

.................rushed to the scene to save the life of a woman who reportedly tried to end her life.

A clear case of we have to report something apart from any sense ????  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

More & more mysterious deaths seem to happen daily here in safe and trusted Thailand. 

I think the financial misery of covid is far from over for many people.  Not to mention the psychological effects, which may never leave.

7 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Sounds like a dangerous case of not proofreading before publishing.

There are lots of small resorts in that kind of location - just off a main road in a rural area. They are aimed at passing traffic and people who want to stay there for just a night or two. The rooms inside look OK going by the resort's FB page, with double beds, a/c, a fridge and a TV.

If that car belongs to the woman, the police should be able to find out who she is. It looks like a Korat number plate, and the car's road tax has not been paid for over a year. Let's see what the police come up with. RIP whoever she is. 

Edited by asf6

I assume this is the same woman and resort. 

https://thainewsroom.com/2023/05/26/man-arrested-on-suspicion-of-killing-girlfriend-at-resort/

Man Arrested On Suspicion Of Killing Girlfriend At Resort

A USED car dealer was arrested on suspicion of killing his girlfriend at a resort in Buriram after police tracked him down to another resort in this northeastern province, Matichon newspaper said today (May 26).

Upon being arrested Mr. Pramuan (surname withheld), 47, confessed to having beaten his girlfriend, Ms. Chularat, or Or, 21, until she suddenly collapsed.

He then tried to give her cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) but when she did not regain consciousness he called the resort staff to take her to Lamplaimat Hospital, which is close to the resort.

* I hope I have followed the forum rules regarding copying material from news sites. Apologies if I haven't.