Any thoughts on what is the best term deposit rate on offer at the moment,…?

mikey88

BTS bond rate were good a few months ago, not sure if the subscription is still open, I think it varied from something like 2.75% to 4% on 9months to X years, can't remember exactly but seemed something for everyone.  My googling isn't helping, but check if its still on the billboards - youd probably have to call if in CM I guess

Edited by farang9392
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, farang9392 said:

BTS bond rate were good a few months ago, not sure if the subscription is still open, I think it varied from something like 2.75% to 4% on 9months to X years, can't remember exactly but seemed something for everyone.  My googling isn't helping, but check if its still on the billboards - youd probably have to call if in CM I guess

Thank you….is there a minimum figure for deposits.

Thailand rates are crap. Go over to Cambodia and get 8% pa paid monthly. Hattha bank, owned by Krungsri is one option. As a non-resident you'll pay 14% tax on the interest so giving you an effective 6.88%, or thereabouts. If you're able to get a long term visa, eg, a retirement extension after your first 30-day visa expires, plus a rent receipt for say six months from a guest house and then open your TD you get residence rates of 6% interest. They only check your visa when you open your account. You can transfer the interest to yourself in Thailand each month using Wing for a few $$ using the bank and Wing's mobile apps.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...