Train Crushes and Kills Man Lying on Railway Track in Pattaya Area

webfact

image.jpeg

A man lying on a railway track was crushed to death by a train in the small hours of this morning, May 28th.

Banglamung Police responded to a report of an unidentified man being crushed to death by a train at 3 AM today, and travelled to the scene of the incident at the Takhian Tia subdistrict of Banglamung District, Chonburi province, with rescuers from the Sawang Boriboon Thammasathan Foundation.

At the railway track, the authorities found the stationary train no. 544 on the track inbound to the Banglamung district. They also discovered a body of a man aged between 40-50 years old crushed to death on the railroad. No documents that could identify him were found, the rescuers told The Pattaya News.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/05/28/train-crushes-and-kills-man-lying-on-railway-track-in-pattaya-area/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-05-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

We haven't had one of these for a while..... last I recall might have been around Nerm Plab Whan. Sad and gruesome for those having to clean up. 

Lying down with ones head on the rail does point to the "S" word scenario... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

According to Banglamung Police’s hypothesis, the man might have deliberately laid on the track to take his own life.

It would also be a good way to hide a murder

Good point. Wouldn't the murderer have to keep watch in case the next expected train was delayed or cancelled? Suppose it depends upon the chosen location and frequency. Makes me think of the 'troubles' when there were suggestions that people were murdered and the blame placed on an IRA bomb. However, the IRA had codewords, allegedly gave advance warning and/or claimed responsibility afterwards.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A man lying on a railway track was crushed to death by a train in the small hours of this morning, May 28th

if it's suicide...not that i've tried, but there must be a less painful way of doing it

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

if it's suicide...not that i've tried, but there must be a less painful way of doing it

I've read that if you're decapitated it's all over in four seconds. If that didn't happen it doesn't bear thinking about.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

According to Banglamung Police’s hypothesis, the man might have deliberately laid on the track to take his own life.

It would also be a good way to hide a murder

Agreed they should carry out a full autopsy before the cremation but TIT.

• Thumbs Up 1