Poll: How long do you hold in your weed smoke or vape (in your lungs)?

Lung-a-lini  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK, 

I'll go there now.

This is a bit of a "trick" poll.

There is a right answer and two wrong answers.

When I was a teenaged hippie pothead everyone including me held the smoke in as long as possible. 

We thought that made sense as you were smoking to get the effects, so logically the longer in the lungs, the more effects for the same number of hits.

But we were wrong!

People doing that now are wrong!

You only need it in your lungs for a few seconds.

Holding it in for a long time doesn't get more effects.

In the case of smoke, it does expose your lungs to toxins for longer.

Don't believe me?

As they say on the internets -- do your own research. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK, 

I'll go there now.

This is a bit of a "trick" poll.

There is a right answer and two wrong answers.

When I was a teenaged hippie pothead everyone including me held the smoke in as long as possible. 

We thought that made sense as you were smoking to get the effects, so logically the longer in the lungs, the more effects for the same number of hits.

But we were wrong!

People doing that now are wrong!

You only need it in your lungs for a few seconds.

Holding it in for a long time doesn't get more effects.

In the case of smoke, it does expose your lungs to toxins for longer.

Don't believe me?

As they say on the internets -- do your own research. 

yea cigars work without even going into the lungs. the mouth absorbs a lot.

this is good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G50_WyHop3A

(age restricted as usual)

#

• Thanks 1

To actually figure this out scientifically one would have to capture the exhaled smoke and analyze whether there is more active ingredients left when held for a few seconds or when exhaled when you turn blue. A bit of thought on this says it's impossible for your lungs to extract all the good stuff in just a few seconds so I'll continue to hold it in for a long time. Even moreso for dabs as there's so much more good stuff in there.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gargamon said:

To actually figure this out scientifically one would have to capture the exhaled smoke and analyze whether there is more active ingredients left when held for a few seconds or when exhaled when you turn blue. A bit of thought on this says it's impossible for your lungs to extract all the good stuff in just a few seconds so I'll continue to hold it in for a long time. Even moreso for dabs as there's so much more good stuff in there.

You're ignoring how lungs work.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're ignoring how lungs work.

If you were correct then all you can extract from the smoke will be done in a couple of seconds. Are you familiar with shotgunning? One way it works is a person takes a toke and then blows the exhale into another person's lungs. I know from personal experience that it is highly effective. If your assertion was correct, the shotgunning recipient would feel nothing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Believe what you want.

I think, in this case, that goes both ways. The writer's (who does not seem to be an authority of any sort - reviewed by one random Dr.) conclusion in this far-from-scientific paper is:

"When it comes to how long you should hold in a hit, there’s no scientific studies to turn to (yet)."

1 hour ago, mikebike said:

I think, in this case, that goes both ways. The writer's (who does not seem to be an authority of any sort - reviewed by one random Dr.) conclusion in this far-from-scientific paper is:

"When it comes to how long you should hold in a hit, there’s no scientific studies to turn to (yet)."

That's one link. Go ahead and look into the many others. The overwhelming consensus you'll find is that there is no good reason to hold it in and there are good reasons not to.

I won't burden myself further on this.

5 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

"I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman"

"“I've never broken a state law,” he said at a candidates' forum. “But when I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale it, and never tried it again.”

Bill Clinton ????