Savannakhet visas: two questions

First, I note the consulate general in Savannakhet now has the LTR 10-year visa on its list of visa fees at THB50,000. Does anyone know if they require the financials, or is it like the Non-O one-year version where they don't bother with the bank statements etc? If so, it could be good value.

Secondly, I blush to ask this because  I damn well should know by now, but with a one-year (multiple entry) NonO from Savannakhet (or indeed Saigon if they are still issuing), is it mandatory to actually leave Thailand every 90-days? That is, are you 'disqualified' from just going to an IO to report and getting a stamp like a Non-O issued locally in TH?

1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

For the multi-entry, yes, you have to leave every 90 days. Can just do a border bounce, though. Would love to know the answer for your first question.

Thought so. In fact I have had one-years from both Savannakhet and Saigon before, but I used to travel a lot so was leaving TH at least once a month. Now, I have hung up the boots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, isaanistical said:

That is, are you 'disqualified' from just going to an IO to report and getting a stamp like a Non-O issued locally in TH?

A multi-entry (1 year) non-O visa is not issued in Thailand.  An extension of stay is, not the same animal.

• Like 2

With a multiple entry Non O visa, you must do a border bounce every 90 days (or you can, once per entry, get an easy 60-day extension to visit your Thai spouse). There is no way of activating a new entry without exiting and re-entering Thailand.

The LTR WP (Long Term Resident Wealthy Pensioner) visa has higher financial requirements than a regular Non O or Non O-A visa.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The LTR WP (Long Term Resident Wealthy Pensioner) visa has higher financial requirements than a regular Non O or Non O-A visa.

We all know that, but given that the consulates I mentioned don't currently bother to examine financials for a one-year document, I am asking if the same applies to "their" LTR.