Migrating washing machine

eboy

10 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

I'd bung it on a thick rubber mat.

Also, check the transport bolts have been removed from the back of the drum.

Thick rubber mat I understand. What are transport bolts, and how would they cause the machine to move?

Where would I get a thick rubber mat, cut to order?

Edited by eboy

9 minutes ago, eboy said:

Thick rubber mat I understand. What are transport bolts, and how would they cause the machine to move?

Transport bolts fix the drum to the casing for transit, removing the bolts allow the drum to have free movement on its suspension legs or springs.

We have a Beko and it dances out of place due to it being a cheap machine & only has suspension springs

3 hours ago, eboy said:

Is there a way to secure a washing machine on a balcony so it doesn't move?

Rubber/silicone door stops wedged under it will sort it.  Can't help you with a mechanic recommendation to install them, though.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

To level it push the corner to other diagonal corner..front left pushed towards back right...like 7pm to 1pm position

or 4pm to 11pm position on a clock from above as you dial the screws up or down at the front.

But yes, that thick rubber foot device will also stop it walking probably.

13 hours ago, eboy said:

Shower mats available from Homepro would probably do the job. (Same as can be found covering sewage vents all over town).Also check the leveling feet all hit the ground and the machine is fairly level, Towels tend to be unbalanced more so than smaller items being large and heavy when wet.... most good machines will stop an unbalanced spin and slowly rotate the drum to try and get a better balance. 

Welcome to a world of entertainment on your balcony. 

14 hours ago, eboy said:

There's a washing machine on the balcony.

I imagine the balcony is solid concrete...??? Level feet as suggested above and make sure the lock nuts are tightened also...............  

Have seen autos on springy wooden floors walk out the door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpGtZYfqpM

Edited by bluejets

The little rubber feet underneath have to be turned firmly !!! Also, wet towels are very heavy, so don’t over load. Look how many kilos it takes on the instructions. An old washing machine will move, but the OPs looks new. 

On 5/30/2023 at 5:43 PM, Gecko123 said:

First make sure the leveling feet on the bottom of the washing machine are adjusted so that the washing machine does not rock back and forth when not in operation. If washing machine is brand new, there's a good chance that this has never been done. When the washing machine legs aren't all resting evenly on the floor, the centrifugal movement of the washing machine drum will cause the machine to hop. Also try to make sure the load of laundry is evenly distributed in the washer when you load it.

'Also try to make sure the load of laundry is evenly distributed in the washer when you load it.'... Would only apply if the washer drum was divided into 3 separate pockets.  

5 hours ago, Surasak said:

'Also try to make sure the load of laundry is evenly distributed in the washer when you load it.'... Would only apply if the washer drum was divided into 3 separate pockets.  

It all falls to the bottom anyhow with a front loader.... which is what we talk of here!

21 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It all falls to the bottom anyhow with a front loader.... which is what we talk of here!

The Quote was to evenly distribute the load, which is not possible with a domestic front or top loader. Unless one refers to a commercial 200/400lb front loader. Which would then be divided into either two or three pockets. Each pocket would then be loaded with a weighed amount of linen.

And I might add, with a commercial washer the load does NOT all fall to the bottom after the 8 minute spin cycle.