TENS Machine?

ricklev

Any recommendations for a TENS machine, 

I saw a couple on Amazon for around $25 that are really well reviewed.  

Looking at Lazada though I can't really figure out which ones are legitimate and which aren't. 

It's for shoulder pain.

Thanks 

I used to have an original one but buying them online these days I don’t know how you could guarantee it’s genuine. I’d go for a good deal on Lazada or shopee and expect to have to replace it at some point.

I agree with @Celsiusthat Amazon are just charging more for the same ones.

Edited by Fairynuff
Typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

Wondering if TENS would help with broken pelvis plus stroke rehab? Was making ok progress with the stroke rehab, but not good enough to avoid slip and fall in the shower!

TENS machines do work on some people.

Not too sure about broken bones. 

You would have to buy one and try it.

If it's for bad pain, that continues and other remedies are not really working, there is a Spinal Chord Stimulator.

The latest ones are more effective in blocking pain signals to the brain.

Sorry for you trouble. Get better soon.

• Love It 1

29 minutes ago, carlyai said:

TENS machines do work on some people.

Not too sure about broken bones. 

You would have to buy one and try it.

If it's for bad pain, that continues and other remedies are not really working, there is a Spinal Chord Stimulator.

The latest ones are more effective in blocking pain signals to the brain.

Sorry for you trouble. Get better soon.

Thanks. Did a little digging and the literature indicates pace maker recipients ( me for one) should not use it, and the jury is out on effectiveness for severe pain.

if Tramadol won.t do the job we’ll just have to pay the EMTs to haul my fat butt down the stairs again.????

Well, I ordered a Chinese TENS machine off Lazada for about 200 baht. Seems unlikely that it will be effective but it is the one being sold by many vendors and actually has good reviews. Seems worth a shot compared to the 2600 baht for the Omron device. 

The 300 baht Chinese blood pressure monitor I bought a few years ago still works and is just as accurate as one that cost five times as much so that gives me a little hope. 

On 6/1/2023 at 5:32 PM, sammieuk1 said:

Got an original NHS supplied one and one I bought from Lazada The Lazada one is more power more functions and you can buy the sticky pads cheap as chips ????

Can you tell me if your Lazada one has a brand name on it?  Thanks. 

The one I bought says Health Herald on it.  That is the brand that many vendors are selling from 100-500 baht.  I wonder if they all come from the same manufacturer or are just copies of copies of copies... It actually works but only on one setting.  Most of the buttons don't do anything or do the wrong thing.  I can see that it would be good if it was not defective. ????  

I ordered another one from a different vender just out of curiosity.