Thai parties push for Progressive Liquor Bill to boost local alcohol production

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The legislation seeks to amend Section 153 of the Excise Tax Act of 2017, making it easier for small and local brewers and distillers to register for a licence. The proposed changes would remove requirements that have been criticised for favouring large producers and preventing small and medium-sized enterprises from entering the market.

Please please please do it this time.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

good guys in, bad guys out... what a big joke! booze, the #1 cos of road deaths to be made easier to produce while at the same time weed will be eradicated. what a 2 faced new government pita is set out to lead. bullshatter of the highest order. to say i was glad when he got elected

Distorted perspective.  It is about more variety, selection, styles for consumers.  Taking some power, money and influence from the biggest companies and spreading it amongst more people, maybe?  Alcohol is available close by to a large part of population now, already.  

I have worked in the business, seen, experienced and understand the impact of alcohol on our health, especially when it is over consumed and abused.  

There needs to be better education on others less or none harmful resources available to provide a similar result or when using alcohol to attempt help or fix a problem for which it is not designed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, J Branche said:

Distorted perspective.  It is about more variety, selection, styles for consumers.  Taking some power, money and influence from the biggest companies and spreading it amongst more people, maybe?  Alcohol is available close by to a large part of population now, already.  

I have worked in the business, seen, experienced and understand the impact of alcohol on our health, especially when it is over consumed and abused.  

There needs to be better education on others less or none harmful resources available to provide a similar result or when using alcohol to attempt help or fix a problem for which it is not designed.

I didnt go into details about my perspective. i was a homebrewer in canada and it stinks that something so banal is ILLEGAL in thailand. i just am pointing out that pita is a pitiful leader who has his strings tangled. one would expect a young liberal to not only support the liberalisation of booze making but also support the liberalisation of weed. thousands were locked up in the past and thousands more will be locked up in the future if this clown gets his way. yet drunk driving is still rampant in this country. bending over to please the conservatives about weed and holding a beer mug in one hand just paints a damn ugly picture in my mind. but thats just me i guess

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am all for opening the market to small producers / craft beer businesses but it must be regulated and licenced with an onus on production methods / hygiene . No back street , uncontrolled brewers . 

There has been no mention of reducing import taxes on alcohol , especially real wine , not fruit wine .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, superal said:

I am all for opening the market to small producers / craft beer businesses but it must be regulated and licenced with an onus on production methods / hygiene . No back street , uncontrolled brewers . 

There has been no mention of reducing import taxes on alcohol , especially real wine , not fruit wine .

I would say the normal food production regulations. Beer is rather less dangerous than other products (like cheese, sausage, etc) and problems can be sensed by the customer. Still there should be checks.