Austrian Airlines

Uth2006

Has anyone flown on Austrian Air recently.  My wife and I are looking at some flights but we are seeing a lot of negative reviews.  Most of the reviews concern customer service problems.  Not much said about the flights themselves.

Thanks for your input

Im regular passenger on VIE- BKK route for the last 2 years because EVA air cancelled VIE-BKK flights due to COVID. I choose them because of the Premium Economy cabin. Last flight was 3 weeks ago

Never had any issues with service on board. Not exactly the best service in the world but I would give a solid 7.5/10. Food is good, every +- 30 min they walked trough the cabin with drinks, they are willing to help if you ask them something. 

Some flights to BKK from EU are oparated on old (20+ years) 777-200 (VIE-BKK is one of them). Planes are refurbished though so you are sitting in airplane from 2017. What I dont like is that the re-configured Premium Economy in 2023 again and connected it with normal Economy. Before the change there was a wall and you had kind of "privacy" that I really appreciated. Only 2 airplanes are reconfigured so far but I consider this change not good. Currently Im waiting for EVA air to start flying to VIE again. Same price, better food (I prefer asian food) and service is more accomodating.

So far I didnt had a chance to talk to their customer service. Rebooking, seat change or other things can be done online trought online booking management.