Need 25L of pond water - located in BKK

macnmotion

Hi. I'm a microscope hobbyist living in the Thonglor area. I have a very small 25L glass tank that I want to use to create an environment for pond microbial life -- a couple freshwater plants, some bottom muck, and water. Can anyone point me to a spot nearby where I can collect some stuff? Pond/stream, not Khlong. I think it would be strange to walk out of Lumphini Park with a few full jugs. If anyone knows of a more roadside spot, or if anyone close by has a natural pond on their property, I'd appreciate the info. 

Edited by macnmotion

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2023 at 1:00 PM, macnmotion said:

Hi. I'm a microscope hobbyist living in the Thonglor area. I have a very small 25L glass tank that I want to use to create an environment for pond microbial life -- a couple freshwater plants, some bottom muck, and water. Can anyone point me to a spot nearby where I can collect some stuff? Pond/stream, not Khlong. I think it would be strange to walk out of Lumphini Park with a few full jugs. If anyone knows of a more roadside spot, or if anyone close by has a natural pond on their property, I'd appreciate the info. 

Why not just use tap water, wait a couple days and throw a few fish in it? 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2023 at 4:43 PM, kelboy said:

Just use rain water, collect it off  of your roof. 

Tha ks. It's not really the water, I can use dechlorinated tap water to replenish the tank. It's the original source material which contains all the microbes living in the water column, plant roots, bottom substrate, etc. That's what I'm after. 

I ended up going to a local fishing pond about 20 minutes out of town, and got fantastic water and plants materials for the aquarium.