New airpods pro 2 with several issues

ChomDo

Hi, I guess many here have the AirPods Pro 2 buds. I got mine yesterday and have several issues that I can't figure out. Been all over YouTube and other reviews trying to get answers but these things are not talked about seemingly.

Issues I can't figure out and wonder if the product is actually broken:

- The charging case does not show a green light when they have finished charging. How can I tell when they're fully charged. Shouldn't the light turn green when they are done. I'm charging with the cable and a 30W brick. I guess they charge quick but yesterday had them plugged in the wall for like 2 hrs because no light indicated that they're charged.

- The battery widget on my phone shows the charge levels of the pods and case totally randomly which is frustrating (I'm talking about when the pods are not in use). I would say that about 50% time it doesn't show them at all. It seems to be working very poorly.

- Ok the third issue is not solvable but I just think the bass is so weak that it's hard to believe. I've tried the Accommodations setting on the phone to adjust EQ but that has hardly any effect. I'm very surprised that my old JBL Live 300s sound better than the AirPods Pro 2. 

5 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

Hi, I guess many here have the AirPods Pro 2 buds. I got mine yesterday and have several issues that I can't figure out. Been all over YouTube and other reviews trying to get answers but these things are not talked about seemingly.

Issues I can't figure out and wonder if the product is actually broken:

- The charging case does not show a green light when they have finished charging. How can I tell when they're fully charged. Shouldn't the light turn green when they are done. I'm charging with the cable and a 30W brick. I guess they charge quick but yesterday had them plugged in the wall for like 2 hrs because no light indicated that they're charged.

There is something wrong, the light should turn green when fully charged and plugged in, or when placed on a wireless charger... 

Open charge case (with AirPods inside) next to your iPhone (they should automatically connect), a display will pop up with charge level of the case and each individual ‘pod’ (headphone).

- The battery widget on my phone shows the charge levels of the pods and case totally randomly which is frustrating (I'm talking about when the pods are not in use). I would say that about 50% time it doesn't show them at all. It seems to be working very poorly.

Are you ensuring the AirPods are close (within a few m) to the iPhone when looking at this ‘charge widget’ ?

Another possibility - fake pods - Where did you get them from ?

- Ok the third issue is not solvable but I just think the bass is so weak that it's hard to believe. I've tried the Accommodations setting on the phone to adjust EQ but that has hardly any effect. I'm very surprised that my old JBL Live 300s sound better than the AirPods Pro 2. 

Individual tastes...  

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is something wrong, the light should turn green when fully charged and plugged in, or when placed on a wireless charger... 

Open charge case (with AirPods inside) next to your iPhone (they should automatically connect), a display will pop up with charge level of the case and each individual ‘pod’ (headphone).

Are you ensuring the AirPods are close (within a few m) to the iPhone when looking at this ‘charge widget’ ?

Another possibility - fake pods - Where did you get them from ?

Individual tastes...  

I bought them from Apple Thailand. I'm just talking to Apple Support and they seem to be a bit confused but told me the light should be green and stay green until I disconnect from charger. I mean all the other functions with the case light seems to work normal but just not turning green when fully charged.

Now after a long chat they are telling me that they way mine works is normal. But it can't be like this that you have to open the lid or check on your phone when the case is fully charged (while charging it through lightning cable I mean). And you just mentioned that it's not normal and the green light should go on and stay on without me having to touch the case right?

And yes my case with the pods inside is an inch away from the phone all day and it's just back and fort with the battery icons showing in the widget. Of course if I open the lid it shows up on the phone right away but it's supposed to show it all the time right? It's totally unpredictable and not showing the battery on the widget over half the time.

6 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

I bought them from Apple Thailand. I'm just talking to Apple Support and they seem to be a bit confused but told me the light should be green and stay green until I disconnect from charger. I mean all the other functions with the case light seems to work normal but just not turning green when fully charged.

When unplugged and you open the case, does the green light turn on ?

When my AirPodsPro2 are not at 100% (case or pods) the orange light comes on for a second or two when I plug in, it then turns off. 

When I open my AirPodsPro2 case when the case is at 100% (even if the pods are not), the green light comes on for about 7 second and the goes off. 

I don't think there is a ‘green light’ which automatically comes on when the AirPodsPro2 (case or pods) are fully charged unless you move the case, or open it. 

Now after a long chat they are telling me that they way mine works is normal. But it can't be like this that you have to open the lid or check on your phone when the case is fully charged (while charging it through lightning cable I mean). And you just mentioned that it's not normal and the green light should go on and stay on without me having to touch the case right?

As above, the light is not permanent - I just checked on mine. I think yours are working as they should with regards to the light showing or not. 

And yes my case with the pods inside is an inch away from the phone all day and it's just back and fort with the battery icons showing in the widget. Of course if I open the lid it shows up on the phone right away but it's supposed to show it all the time right? It's totally unpredictable and not showing the battery on the widget over half the time.

I have to be sure what you mean by ‘widget’.. 

Do you mean the ’thing’ that pops up when you open the AirPods near your phone... (white background with an image of the Case and Pods rotating with % charged info)

IF so, thats a ‘pop up’ and it only opens (pops up) when you open your AirPods case.

There is also the ‘Battery widget' (which I've never bothered with).. but just added it to check (grey background and has the 4 icons - Phone / Watch / Pods etc - whichever it rotates through - with a green charge-ring indicating charge level.... 

This only ‘updates’ when I open the AirPods case.

Your AirPods are working fine... 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

When unplugged and you open the case, does the green light turn on ?

When my AirPodsPro2 are not at 100% (case or pods) the orange light comes on for a second or two when I plug in, it then turns off. 

When I open my AirPodsPro2 case when the case is at 100% (even if the pods are not), the green light comes on for about 7 second and the goes off. 

I don't think there is a ‘green light’ which automatically comes on when the AirPodsPro2 (case or pods) are fully charged unless you move the case, or open it. 

As above, the light is not permanent - I just checked on mine. I think yours are working as they should with regards to the light showing or not. 

I have to be sure what you mean by ‘widget’.. 

Do you mean the ’thing’ that pops up when you open the AirPods near your phone... (white background with an image of the Case and Pods rotating with % charged info)

IF so, thats a ‘pop up’ and it only opens (pops up) when you open your AirPods case.

There is also the ‘Battery widget' (which I've never bothered with).. but just added it to check (grey background and has the 4 icons - Phone / Watch / Pods etc - whichever it rotates through - with a green charge-ring indicating charge level.... 

This only ‘updates’ when I open the AirPods case.

Your AirPods are working fine... 

Hey Richard, thanks a lot for your patients with my issue. It seems to be coming clear that the issue that I find very hard to accept is actually normal. My airpods work just as you described above. Many people seem to even be confused what I mean and I couldn't find any mention about it on reviews or YouTube so I guess it doesn't bother others. For me it's pure insanity seriously but Apple often goes for the unconventional choices.

So if no light turns on in the case when they've charged to 100% what is the sense of having a light there in the case? How can I ever tell that they have finished charging without having to go to my phone or open the lid?

I was referring to the batter widget only yes (the one with the green rings). I shows the batter % for the case and pods only sometimes totally randomly when the pods are not in use I mean but like on the table one inch away from my phone all day. Guy from Apple just said it has to show all the time as I have understood, otherwise what's the point.

Right now I have my case and pods inside it charging in my watch mag safe. I know it's fully charged but nothing to show for it as the case has no green light on and my phone widget is not showing the battery %. So only way to know is actually open the lid. I know this may sound crazy that I need to confirm one more time but you're saying this is normal? If so I might just return these anyway since it's so bizarre.

8 hours ago, ChomDo said:

The charging case does not show a green light when they have finished charging.

Neither does mine.

7 hours ago, ChomDo said:

So if no light turns on in the case when they've charged to 100% what is the sense of having a light there in the case?

The orange light indicates charging.

The green light indicates charged.

Neither is illuminated for more than 2~3 seconds after plugging in or opening the case.

There is no particular need to fully charge the case due to the time fully charged pods last, the speed at which they will recharge and the number of times it will recharge the pods. I’ve been using mine since the were first released in October, I use them extensively, probably over 6 hours a day, and haven’t had the case battery go flat

8 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Ok the third issue is not solvable but I just think the bass is so weak that it's hard to believe. I've tried the Accommodations setting on the phone to adjust EQ but that has hardly any effect. I'm very surprised that my old JBL Live 300s sound better than the AirPods Pro 2. 

Go to the Music app settings and take you pick from the EQ

IMG_5453.thumb.png.c64376f725eac0889e4521e57b905b62.png

or use an EQ app

IMG_5454.thumb.jpeg.1a12d21dce2d800616c9c07f14aef4cf.jpeg

7 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Right now I have my case and pods inside it charging in my watch mag safe. I know it's fully charged but nothing to show for it as the case has no green light on and my phone widget is not showing the battery %. So only way to know is actually open the lid. I know this may sound crazy that I need to confirm one more time but you're saying this is normal? If so I might just return these anyway since it's so bizarre.

It may depend on the iPhone you are using 

IMG_5452.jpeg.ed00a2b0e94b36c8ca4a0b1025e0c9f1.jpeg

both my iPhone SE 2 and iPad Pro show on the widget as long as the AirPods are connected they sometimes show the different charge levels if they are significantly different.

IMG_3177.jpeg.901336e2201baf798048fd1ed790129d.jpeg

So because there is no constant charge indicator on the case you are going to return the best ear pods?? This seems bizarre.

1 hour ago, HighPriority said:

The two bozos above are correct.

Also the case and earbuds don’t fully charge just because you’ve plugged them in, like your iPhone they will delay charging to 100% to maximise battery life.

Erm... Bozos ???.....    

... Your auto correct is stuffing up !!!  

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2023 at 10:38 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

Neither does mine.

The orange light indicates charging.

The green light indicates charged.

Neither is illuminated for more than 2~3 seconds after plugging in or opening the case.

There is no particular need to fully charge the case due to the time fully charged pods last, the speed at which they will recharge and the number of times it will recharge the pods. I’ve been using mine since the were first released in October, I use them extensively, probably over 6 hours a day, and haven’t had the case battery go flat

Go to the Music app settings and take you pick from the EQ

IMG_5453.thumb.png.c64376f725eac0889e4521e57b905b62.png

or use an EQ app

IMG_5454.thumb.jpeg.1a12d21dce2d800616c9c07f14aef4cf.jpeg

It may depend on the iPhone you are using 

IMG_5452.jpeg.ed00a2b0e94b36c8ca4a0b1025e0c9f1.jpeg

both my iPhone SE 2 and iPad Pro show on the widget as long as the AirPods are connected they sometimes show the different charge levels if they are significantly different.

IMG_3177.jpeg.901336e2201baf798048fd1ed790129d.jpeg

So because there is no constant charge indicator on the case you are going to return the best ear pods?? This seems bizarre.

Thanks for the comprehensive info. I was getting overly frustrated about the charging light but other than that they pods are great and I won't be returning them. I just wanted to be sure that the case is working normally. Have to say I still find it hard to believe that the light does't go on when the case is fully charged. It's the only thing that would make sense. 

And about the EQ setting, I've tried it but it doesn't really effect the sound much. Now that I'm used to it, it's fine and the sound is great anyway. Just the first impression that the bass is pretty limited. That was the first comment from a friend too who tried mine. 

The battery widget still works randomly and I'm not talking about when the pods are connected and in use. Of course then it works 100% of the time. I'm talking about when the pods are in the case on the table next to the phone during the day. The battery % for the pods and case just show up randomly at times – I would say about half of the time. I just don't get it how this functions but guy at Apple said it should show all the time. So I understood from YouTube reviews too. And I'm using the iPhone 14 pro max so my devices are up to date.

The connectivity with all my Apple devices is truly amazing tho! After having JBLs for some years and having to hassle with bluetooth connections every time I wanted to use the buds was frustrating and now it's all just fully automatic. That's probably the best part of having airpods and also the fit in my ear is about 100x better than the awkward JBL Live 300s that just did't stay in my ear.

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

And about the EQ setting, I've tried it but it doesn't really effect the sound much. Now that I'm used to it, it's fine and the sound is great anyway. Just the first impression that the bass is pretty limited. That was the first comment from a friend too who tried mine. 

Have you setup personalise spatial audio and privacy? Have you turned off adaptive transparency? Have you set up your Spatial Audio Profile on your iPhone (I can’t because I don’t have a iPhone that can do this). Have you tried it with noise cancellation turned on?

depending on where you are, you can pop into an iCare Apple certified service centre and they will test your AirPods. It will usually take about 10 minutes, this is free.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

On 6/4/2023 at 11:01 AM, HighPriority said:
On 6/2/2023 at 11:55 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Erm... Bozos ???.....    

... Your auto correct is stuffing up !!!  

Autocorrect is fine Richard ????????????

I see... So you have called two of us Bozos for helping out the Op....    classy !

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I see... So you have called two of us Bozos for helping out the Op....    classy !

You’re nothing but astute Richard but don’t get too bent out of shape, the other bozo isn’t sharp enough to pick up on it…

27 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

You’re nothing but astute Richard but don’t get too bent out of shape, the other bozo isn’t sharp enough to pick up on it…

OK... so you’ve called two people bozos out of the blue without any trigger whatsoever....

Very odd behaviour...  

17 hours ago, HighPriority said:

if you need a hug I’d suggest a trip to a bar or massage shop.

Yawn... was just making sure your comment was not a typo... I now have the confirmation I need as to your trollish character and can simply scroll past and ignore your comments in future threads as I do with other tools.