June 4, 20233 yr Trying to get my sodium intake down due to high blood pressure. Sometimes it would be nice to get a snack from 7/11 or lotus Express that is low sodium, but struggling find much with the exception of fresh fruit, which I already eat plenty of. Any ideas?
June 4, 20233 yr Popular Post My advice is never to buy snacks from those places. There is nothing healthy there, and it's all wrapped in plastic. Try some of the snacks off the market outside. They have all sorts. Get some chopped fruit or bbq eggs on a stick, steamed monkey nuts etc. The steamed sweet potatoes mixed colours are delicious when still warm. Edited June 4, 20233 yr by jak2002003
June 4, 20233 yr Sodium is a much needed, and wanted flavor enhancer. Simply read the labels, as most do list sodium content. Use G-lens if not in a language you understand. If it's processed, it's probably got sodium, whether for flavor or preservative. Sodium/salt gets an undeserved rep .. IMHO As always ... moderation.
June 4, 20233 yr 49 minutes ago, sungod said: unsalted nuts, Coincidentally, I just perused my local 7-11 for unsalted pistachios and saw none. I buy unsalted nut from a stand just inside the carpark entrance to Big C Marina.
June 4, 20233 yr 2 hours ago, ozimoron said: Coincidentally, I just perused my local 7-11 for unsalted pistachios and saw none. I buy unsalted nut from a stand just inside the carpark entrance to Big C Marina. Maybe what your local carries? I have several near me and they vary a little.
June 4, 20233 yr 2 hours ago, ozimoron said: Coincidentally, I just perused my local 7-11 for unsalted pistachios and saw none. I buy unsalted nut from a stand just inside the carpark entrance to Big C Marina. Try a bigger 7-11, they have all kinds of unsalted nuts, pistachios, almonds, cashews, even peanuts
June 4, 20233 yr 5 hours ago, KhunLA said: Sodium/salt gets an undeserved rep .. IMHO I'd wager virtually no one alive who eats food in Thailand is suffering from a lack/shortage of salt in their food. In the vast majority of cases, it's just the opposite.... Same with sugar... Hence the huge numbers of Thais with high blood pressure and/or diabetes. Edited June 4, 20233 yr by TallGuyJohninBKK
June 5, 20233 yr These are nto the best places to get low sodium snacks. Plain yogurt and (if available) unsalted nuts are about it.
Create an account or sign in to comment