Laser Discs to Give Away

Rasseru2

I would be glad to find a new home for my collection of laser discs. For those who remember them, laser discs (or LDs) are an old but still good physical medium that have long since been superseded by DVDs, Blu-rays and so forth (in the same way that LPs have been superseded by CDs, etc.). I have a collection of several hundred LDs, mostly if not all excellent films (including many issued by Criterion) but no longer have a player for them and have no use for them. I would be happy to give them for free to anyone who would like them and would be willing and able to pick them up from me in Chiangmai. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

I love the old tech. If you don't find anyone, I could advance you the shipping costs to Bangkok.

Good to know, Celsius. Let's see how it goes here first. I'd prefer to avoid the work involved in packing and shipping, but I'd be willing to do it if there is no other way and the costs are covered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 9:48 AM, Rasseru2 said:

Good to know, Celsius. Let's see how it goes here first. I'd prefer to avoid the work involved in packing and shipping, but I'd be willing to do it if there is no other way and the costs are covered.

Hello again, Celsius. I have received no other indication of interest, so am coming back to you to take you up on your offer. In trying to research how we might continue our discussion out of the public eye, I have found that there is a forum rule that one may 'not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names or social media addresses in posts or signatures.' I have looked for but not found a private messaging function in this forum. If there is such a function and you know how to use it, please contact me directly using it. I welcome any other ideas you have for how we might proceed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 10:39 AM, Rasseru2 said:

I have looked for but not found a private messaging function in this forum. If there is such a function and you know how to use it, please contact me directly using it. I welcome any other ideas you have for how we might proceed. 

A bit late on the scene here but if you hover your mouse over a member's username it will display a link to that user's profile, and from there you can select "Message" to send a private and personal message to that user.

For example:

ss.png.00a040557e70b5fca7f26fb1607e2e9d.png