Whole house filtration system

Gweiloman

Can anyone recommend a good company in CM to install a whole home filtration system (using a rocket filter)? I’m having trouble wrapping my head as to whether the mains should first be connected to the filter or the water tank (as recommended by a local company).

Thanks

Edited by Gweiloman

We have a water tank which gives at least a 24 hr supply in the case of a mains break and it is connected directly to the supply from the meter. From this we feed a point of entry filter that clears out coarse materials and automatically backwashes itself, as well as a water softener that reduces limescale and again automatically self cleans. From this the bathrooms are supplied. The kitchen supply goes through another filter to remove fine materials and it is backwashed monthly by me and supplies the washing machine and the main kitchen supply. Finally we have a UV and 3 stage filter for drinking water in the kitchen. All of this was installed and is maintained by Water Shop who are located in the rear undercover parking level of Big C Extra on the Superhighway. They are very obliging but speak limited English and can be called out should the need arise. It sounds a complex system but it means we have peace of mind in an area where construction has caused numerous supply problems over the years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2023 at 9:25 PM, brommers said:

We have a water tank which gives at least a 24 hr supply in the case of a mains break and it is connected directly to the supply from the meter. From this we feed a point of entry filter that clears out coarse materials and automatically backwashes itself, as well as a water softener that reduces limescale and again automatically self cleans. From this the bathrooms are supplied. The kitchen supply goes through another filter to remove fine materials and it is backwashed monthly by me and supplies the washing machine and the main kitchen supply. Finally we have a UV and 3 stage filter for drinking water in the kitchen. All of this was installed and is maintained by Water Shop who are located in the rear undercover parking level of Big C Extra on the Superhighway. They are very obliging but speak limited English and can be called out should the need arise. It sounds a complex system but it means we have peace of mind in an area where construction has caused numerous supply problems over the years.

Would it be possible to filter out coarse materials before the water enters the tanks or is that less than ideal?

Does filtering before the water enters the house not affect water pressure?

Edited by Bassosa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bassosa said:

Does filtering before the water enters the house not affect water pressure?

Of course it does just like filtering after it enters the house will affect it.    Maybe not exactly the same effect but probably very close 

On 6/25/2023 at 5:56 PM, Madgee said:

My neighbour got a couple of these .... Work well. He put them on the feed to the water tank.

Water Purifier 4 x 6 x 8 Water Filter | Lazada.co.th

I wouldn't call those water filters but strainers. They have a stainless steel wire mesh meant to trap larger particles of dirt, sand and etc., from the water. They wouldn't remove odors and microscopic particles that are removed by Micron filters.

• Sad 1