Translation service near British Embassy AIA Sathorn Tower.

stubuzz

I have to get a notarized copy of my passport from the British Embassy. It also has to be translated and legalized by the MOFA in Laksi. I do not want to go there myself, so i would like to know if anyone can recommend a translation company nearby that offers this service.

However,the search function indicates that going to the MOFA myself and leaving it with the translation services on the second floor is the best option.

Edited by stubuzz

I use Express Translation next to BTS Ploen Chit. Very easy to get to from BTS St Louis if you use the skytrain.

I recently paid 3,000 baht for the same service you require: Translation and Legalisation of a notarised copy of my passport.

Be aware that the MFA operates an online queue system and there can be a bit of a bottleneck, so don't be too surprised if you are quoted a 2-3 week turnaround.

Take your original passport with you to the translation company.

http://www.expresstranslationservice.co.th/cms.php?id_cms=6

https://g.co/kgs/9hPsU7

7 hours ago, blackcab said:

Be aware that the MFA operates an online queue system and there can be a bit of a bottleneck, so don't be too surprised if you are quoted a 2-3 week turnaround.

Thanks. 2-3 weeks is a long time. I may take it to the the MFA myself and use the translation service there. I have read that the translations are done by the MFA staff in their free time. It should be quicker.

I also see that there is a new MFA office at MBK Center.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stubuzz said:

Thanks. 2-3 weeks is a long time. I may take it to the the MFA myself and use the translation service there.

It would be good if you would update this topic with your experience, price paid/m, time taken, etc.

It will help many others in the future.

1 hour ago, stubuzz said:

Thanks all.

Next question: What's the best/easiest way to get from the embassy to the MFA? Taxi?

One option is to use the BTS to go to Wat Phra Sri Mahathat. Take this exit and you will be at the correct taxi rank:

Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/cpsLzumz7ZWRXZtt7

There are always taxis arriving and departing at this location. From here it is one straight road to your destination.

Note: Make sure the driver doesn't default to taking you to Immigration Building B, which is where they take foreigners 99 per cent of the time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 3:10 PM, blackcab said:

t would be good if you would update this topic with your experience, price paid/m, time taken, etc.

It will help many others in the future.

I went to the British Embassy and the MOFA today.

British Embassy: No problems-less than 15 minutes to get a certified copy of my passport. 

Taxi to MOFA From the Embassy=250bt

MOFA: The official/unofficial translation window on the second floor is gone! I talked to the paranoid women in the information booths. They had had put plastic over the speaking hole in the window and were wearing masks. It was very difficult to hear a word they said. 

Anyway, there are translators lurking on the second floor. I paid 2700bt for their express 2 day service. This included translation of my passport, submission to the MOFA, and return postage to my house.

Plenty of taxis waiting outside.

I hope this helps somebody.

• Thanks 1