Mail-in 90 Day Report

Hello. I've always done my 90 day reports in person at Chiang Mai Immigration. I may need to do the next one by mail, however. I know there is a post here that provides the necessary steps to take to successfully do the report by mail, but I do not know how to locate that post. Could someone please direct me to the post that will explain exactly what I must do? Thanks very much in advance for any assistance you can provide.

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666.  

Notification by registered mail (Thailand Post only)

Send the following documents to Chiang Mai Immigration Office (Postal Address: 71 Moo. 3, Suthep, Muang, Chiang Mai 50200)

Application form TM.47 – Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in The Kingdom

Photocopies of the relevant pages on the passport:

The personal information page, showing picture, name, expiry/issue date, etc.

The page showing Non-Immigrant Visa

Any pages showing previous Thailand Visa Extensions (if applicable)

The page showing the latest entry stamp in Thailand

A copy of the previous notification of staying over 90 days (if applicable)

A copy of the TM.30 – Receipt of Notification Form for House-Master, Owner or Possessor of Residence or Hotel Manager Where Alien Has Stayed

Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. The send back part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above-mentioned documents (1-5) must be sent by registered mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Office in a local area where the foreigner resides.

Must keep the evidence of sending the registered mail as evidence until the document is returned.

Waiting time for the document to be returned: approxim

ately 30 days

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

To OP > You are posting your question on this on-line Forum, which means you have Internet access.  That being the case, why don't you do your 90-day report on-line? 

It is a quick and easy process to do so, and can be done during the 14 days before till actual due date of that 90-day report. 

Imm sends you a confirmation when it is approved and you can also check the status on-line.

And in case your report has not been approved and is still pending on the due date, you can then still do it in person during the 6-day grace period at your CM office.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666.  

Notification by registered mail (Thailand Post only)

Send the following documents to Chiang Mai Immigration Office (Postal Address: 71 Moo. 3, Suthep, Muang, Chiang Mai 50200)

Application form TM.47 – Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in The Kingdom

Photocopies of the relevant pages on the passport:

The personal information page, showing picture, name, expiry/issue date, etc.

The page showing Non-Immigrant Visa

Any pages showing previous Thailand Visa Extensions (if applicable)

The page showing the latest entry stamp in Thailand

A copy of the previous notification of staying over 90 days (if applicable)

A copy of the TM.30 – Receipt of Notification Form for House-Master, Owner or Possessor of Residence or Hotel Manager Where Alien Has Stayed

Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. The send back part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

The above-mentioned documents (1-5) must be sent by registered mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Office in a local area where the foreigner resides.

Must keep the evidence of sending the registered mail as evidence until the document is returned.

Waiting time for the document to be returned: approxim

ately 30 days

Thanks very much for taking the time to give such a detailed and helpful response to my question.

3 minutes ago, acepredator said:

Thanks very much for taking the time to give such a detailed and helpful response to my question.

Thanks ...I should have mentioned that I cut and posted that from search.

Didn't take much time.

Hope it's useful. 

Added note: previously I used mail option for reports CW due to (at that time) unreliable online reporting.

The new system online is huge improvement.

At CW mail option they return all your photocopies and new TM47 application form. Just provide B4 return envelope.

Its bullet proof. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

To OP > You are posting your question on this on-line Forum, which means you have Internet access.  That being the case, why don't you do your 90-day report on-line? 

It is a quick and easy process to do so, and can be done during the 14 days before till actual due date of that 90-day report. 

Imm sends you a confirmation when it is approved and you can also check the status on-line.

And in case your report has not been approved and is still pending on the due date, you can then still do it in person during the 6-day grace period at your CM office.

From what I have read on this forum and other sources, there are many problems trying to do the 90 day report online. The system just doesn't seem to be very efficient. The mail-in system, on the other hand, seems to work much better. Someone I know has been doing the mail-in reports for many years and has never had any problems.

Ordinarily I would go in person, but I need to get a new U.S. passport, and I am worried that if something goes wrong, I won't have the new passport by the time my 90 day report is due. I hope to send my passport to Bangkok within the next week. My due date is August 13th, so with two full months, I should be okay. But one never knows, especially when dealing with the United States Government, an entity not known for its efficiency or concern for its citizens living abroad.

55 minutes ago, acepredator said:

From what I have read on this forum and other sources, there are many problems trying to do the 90 day report online. The system just doesn't seem to be very efficient

That is ancient history.

The earlier online reporting was very problematic.

Not the case now. 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1