Texas becomes latest state to ban puberty blockers, sex change surgeries for minors

Social Media

Texas has officially become the latest state to ban gender transitioning treatment for minors, including puberty blockers and sex change surgeries.

Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed Senate Bill 14 into law on Friday, adding his state to a growing list of more than a dozen other states that have enacted similar measures to halt what many have referred to as "child abuse." Texas is the nation's second-largest state by population, after California.

The law will go into effect on Sep. 1, and will prohibit any sort of procedures like double mastectomies, puberty blockers, sex change surgeries and cross-sex hormones from being performed on underage girls and boys. The law will also prevent state funds being used on such procedures.

• Thumbs Up 2

I cannot think of another situation in which it would be deemed medically appropriate to mutilate otherwise physically healthy children.  Not sure why it is accepted for this one particular situation.  I mean, children cannot consent to donate blood, how can they consent to amputation?

• Like 2

Well done Texas.

Nobody in their right mind would allow a 14 year old to get fully tattooed so why allow them to make irreversable gender changing alterations to their bodies at such a tender and confusing age.

Let's hope the pushback continues.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/7/2023 at 7:47 AM, Hanaguma said:

I cannot think of another situation in which it would be deemed medically appropriate to mutilate otherwise physically healthy children.  Not sure why it is accepted for this one particular situation.  I mean, children cannot consent to donate blood, how can they consent to amputation?

Just as in the case of abortion where right-to-lifers cite abortion in the 8th or 9th month, which are very very rate, anti-transgender activists focus on the very very rare cases of surgery and don't address the medication issue at all. Except occasionally to spread misinformation about it such as that it's irreversible. Not that I'm accusing you of attempting such misrepresentation.

On 6/8/2023 at 8:20 AM, placeholder said:

Just as in the case of abortion where right-to-lifers cite abortion in the 8th or 9th month, which are very very rate, anti-transgender activists focus on the very very rare cases of surgery and don't address the medication issue at all. Except occasionally to spread misinformation about it such as that it's irreversible. Not that I'm accusing you of attempting such misrepresentation.

Just as in the case of abortion, where right-to-choicers pretend the deliberate ending of human life at any stage of pregnancy is just another "medical decision between a woman and her doctor", misguided posters deliberately conflate highlighting the most abominable acts against children with equating them as one.

Not that I'm accusing you of feigned ignorance or anything like that.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Just as in the case of abortion, where right-to-choicers pretend the deliberate ending of human life at any stage of pregnancy is just another "medical decision between a woman and her doctor", misguided posters deliberately conflate highlighting the most abominable acts against children with equating them as one.

Not that I'm accusing you of feigned ignorance or anything like that.

First off, abortion is not just another "medical decision between a woman and her doctor". It's a decision by by a woman. I'm not sure what you mean by "misguided posters deliberately conflate highlighting the most abominable acts against children with equating them as one." As "one" what? However, I do think it is abominable that a lot more children will die because they are denied gender affirming care:

Suicide Risk Reduces 73% in Transgender, Nonbinary Youths with Gender-Affirming Care

https://www.hcplive.com/view/suicide-risk-reduces-73-transgender-nonbinary-youths-gender-affirming-care

Pubertal Suppression for Transgender Youth and Risk of Suicidal Ideation

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7073269/

• Sad 2