90.days report 6 days late

Good morning to all

I entered, with a multi re entry permit  on June 5th, I have to leave again on September 9th (so 96 days) do I absolutely have to report the 90 days (on line or at the immigration office) before leaving  from the country ? 

Thanks for your answers or advices

Experience has shown that the Thai authorities do not care about missed reports in this kind of situation. That appears to me to be illogical. A 90-day report with a grace period of 7 days to make a late report is not the same as a 97-day report. However, you can omit the report without fear of repercussions.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

You are almost in same situation as myself.

I will be exiting Thailand with a Re-Entry Permit (to protect my Non Imm O retirement-based Permit to stay) on June 16 and will return on July 27.

My 90-day report is due on June 12. 

So on June 2 I did my 90-day report on-line. It was almost 2 years ago that I last used that option, but it was surprisingly easy and on June 6 I received a confirmation e-mail that my 90-day report was approved.  

Now to answer your question > Even if I would not have received that confirmation, I would not have bothered to do it in person as I live on a +1 hour drive from my Imm Office. 

There is indeed a small risk that not doing it might lead to me having to pay a 2.000,- THB fine on my next visit to the Imm Office a couple of months after my return (which would be for my 1-year extension of stay).  But as I will be exiting Thailand during the 'grace period' combined with the very small chance of an attentive Imm Officer noticing that I had left Thailand a couple of days after the due date of that 90-day report, I would have paid the fine with a smile.  Besides the possible fine there are no other consequences of not doing it, so in my case that would have been the most convenient and preferred option.

NOTE: But I would suggest that you try doing the 90-day report on-line (which can be done from 14 days before till actual due date).  As mentioned higher a quick and simple process. 

• Like 1

So I did my 90 day report last week, we were taking road trip and did it early.

I think you can do it 15 days before, 

The IO here in Khon Kaen is not too far from our house and on the way to Macro , so stooped by. Gave the girl at the reception my paper work as we do every time we go there for what ever reason, she checks the paperwork to make sure everything is in order before she sends us to an officer, and we sat down to wait. The girl came over and gave us the paperwork , we assumed everything was ok and continued to wait to be called.

No the girl told us  it is done! you can go. 

The whole thing took 5 minutes. 

Moral of the story, Call your office and ask, First if you have to do it given your situation, and if you have how early can you do it. 

Personally,(if I understood your situation correctly) I dont think you have to do it, because why would you be reporting that you are here  if you are not going to be here, For stay shorter than 90 days I dont think you have to report, 

But why take a chance when its so easy to do?  call them!!

• Confused 1

A reported Non English post has been removed.

Standards of Conduct

3. English is the only permitted language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language forum, where using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translations of technical terms are permitted in specialty forums. While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner that allows others to understand their posts. As an international forum we have members from many countries in the world, and English is not the first language of every poster.

Beside the 2,000 baht fine for a late 90-day address report, Immo may put a big red stamp in your passport saying you were delinquent.

At least that I was my experience 10 years ago at Immo/CW when I was 3 days past the 7-day grace period. 

That said, when I got a new passport, there was no transfer of the red stamp, thankfully.

I didn't ask why they needed to put a half-page red stamp in there, but one possibility is that a repeat infraction could up the fine. So, the stamp is a precautionary alert to the Immo officer.   (Maximum fine for late report is 5K baht).

Any other explanations?

3 minutes ago, travelerjim said:

The due date is what is important. Failure to file will result in a 2,000 Thai baht fine the NEXT time you use the Thai Immigration office for a service.

Almost certainly will not with the dates the OP posted.