What kind of Stone/Mineral is this?

Jenkins9039

If you are living within the Korat Plateau (ที่ราบสูงโคราช) or Korat Basin, then I guess you hit salt... 

As I we bought our land we made sure that we will be in the Phu Phan Uplift to make the chances higher not drilling into the brine levels. 

11 minutes ago, Reginald Prewster said:

If you are living within the Korat Plateau (ที่ราบสูงโคราช) or Korat Basin, then I guess you hit salt... 

As I we bought our land we made sure that we will be in the Phu Phan Uplift to make the chances higher not drilling into the brine levels. 

Phuket, but would make sense with Salt with the way it broke into smaller pieces as i had the hose on it.

Who knows perhaps can be packaged as exclusive salt from Thailand lol

8 minutes ago, Reginald Prewster said:

That was my thought, salt.

https://theisaanrecord.co/2019/09/21/potash-mining-saline-soils-risk/

It's Milky Quartz with Iron Oxide deposits by the look of it.  Quartz is one of the most common minerals on Earth. I  have bags of the stuff. 

Gold isn't commonly found in Quartz but Iron Pyrite is so it's nicknamed Fools Gold. 

If you're of a mind to clean them up Rust-Off or another rust remover would do it but use sparingly. 

If you're lucky you might find some Rose Quartz or Clear Quartz but they're less ubiquitous. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you want to confirm it's most probably quartz, and not any form of salt, then try scratching with a nail. Quartz has a hardness of 7, a steel nail 6.5, so the nail won't scratch it.

Mohsscale.jpg.c7c7a8be5ce2c4ccfeb315e34ca84856.jpg

Where gold does occurs then yes it is indeed often found in quartz veins, but there are an awful lot of quartz veins with absolutely nothing in them.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stocky said:

If you want to confirm it's most probably quartz, and not any form of salt, then try scratching with a nail. Quartz has a hardness of 7, a steel nail 6.5, so the nail won't scratch it.

Mohsscale.jpg.c7c7a8be5ce2c4ccfeb315e34ca84856.jpg

Where gold does occurs then yes it is indeed often found in quartz veins, but there are an awful lot of quartz veins with absolutely nothing in them.

It cut my hands 

17 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

It cut my hands 

As it might, quartz is silica oxide, same as glass which also has a habit of cutting flesh fairly easily.