Fast acting luxury bus driver evacuated 15 Polish tourists before their coach was engulfed in flames

webfact

image.jpeg

Firefighters took twenty minutes to put out the flames which erupted just after the driver parked the bus on the busy expressway and opened the door to the left through which the foreign tourists made their exit.

Polish tourists were evacuated from a luxury bus in Bangkok on Wednesday on one of the city’s expressway ring roads just minutes before it burst into flames and was engulfed in an inferno responded to by fire and emergency services.

The quick thinking of a 48-year-old bus driver may have saved the lives of 15 Polish tourists on Wednesday morning on one of the busy Bangkok expressways that circle the capital city when he quickly parked his bus and evacuated his passengers after noticing smoke coming from the underside of the bus near the luggage compartment.

by News Desk

Top photo: Scenes from Monday on Expressway number 2 near the Kamphaeng Phet Road when a tourist bus went up in flames just after the driver had evacuated the 15 Polish tourists on their way to Ayutthaya.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/06/07/bus-driver-saves-polish-tourists-from-fire-bangkok-expressway/

Tex.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Examiner 2023-06-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

When I was young my friends had an incident with fire in a car. The time from the moment that they saw a little smoke until the moment the car was immersed in flames was very short.

Like: get out, now!

Anybody who waits takes a huge risk. I hope someone explains this to bus drivers in Thailand. 

Good luck that this driver reacted fast. 

Well done to the driver, But Underneath the Expressway the fire was dripping down on what looked like bitumen road underneath setting fire to that, just a few meters away from parked cars in front of a building, about 4 people with extinguishers, no safety gear, and molten whatever dripping down, managed to just get the fire out, if that had spread to the cars i dread to think what would have happened. Those guys deserve recognition also. the vid is on BP's site.    

• Thumbs Up 1