Prince Harry says he is taking legal action to stop hate towards him and Meghan

The Duke of Sussex has told a court he is suing the publisher of the Daily Mirror to stop "absolute intrusion and hate" towards him and his wife.

Prince Harry was giving evidence against Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN) over illegal newsgathering claims, including phone hacking.

He was choked-up as he finished giving evidence for a second day, and said it had been "a lot".

MGN denies it used illegal methods to gather stories about the prince.

At London's High Court, the prince explained he started discussions about possible legal action after a chance-meeting in France in 2018 with David Sherborne, now his barrister.

The prince said before then he had no concerns over any particular newspaper stories due to unlawful activity because it "was all contained in the Palace".

• Haha 2

"During Harry's second day in the witness box at the Rolls Building, Mr Green asked him: 'Are you aware of any evidence that gives any indication whatsoever as to the extent to which you were hacked, if at all?'

The fifth in line to the throne replied: 'No. That's part of the reason why I'm here, my lord.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12171325/Barrister-aware-evidence-hacking-Prince-Harry-No.html

It was cringy seeing all his lies exposed. For example he "knows of" Omid Scobie!!? Really?

I think what's happening here is Harry is mistaking his feelings for fact. A key tenet of wokeism, but not something the courts are likely to be impressed with.

Good luck Mirror group.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

"During Harry's second day in the witness box at the Rolls Building, Mr Green asked him: 'Are you aware of any evidence that gives any indication whatsoever as to the extent to which you were hacked, if at all?'

The fifth in line to the throne replied: 'No. That's part of the reason why I'm here, my lord.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12171325/Barrister-aware-evidence-hacking-Prince-Harry-No.html

It was cringy seeing all his lies exposed. For example he "knows of" Omid Scobie!!? Really?

I think what's happening here is Harry is mistaking his feelings for fact. A key tenet of wokeism, but not something the courts are likely to be impressed with.

Good luck Mirror group.

The Mirror Group have already admitted to the hacking....lol

Just now, SunnyinBangrak said:

Are you claiming the Mirror Group have already admitted hacking Price Harry? Then what is the point of the trial.

No I'm not claiming it, the Mirror Group is claiming it. Its in the OP links

13 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

However, I’m American, so I should stay out of the conversation.

In any event what is probably of considerably greater interest to you and your fellow Americans is the current furore over his USA visa application running in parallel:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/prince-harry-visa-america-meghan-markle-b2353629.html

What particularly mystifies me is why the US Customs and Border Protection consider it necessary to seek the permission of this particular renegade to the disclosure of his visa application form.

Edited by OJAS

15 hours ago, OJAS said:

In any event what is probably of considerably greater interest to you and your fellow Americans is the current furore over his USA visa application running in parallel:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/prince-harry-visa-america-meghan-markle-b2353629.html

What particularly mystifies me is why the US Customs and Border Protection consider it necessary to seek the permission of this particular renegade to the disclosure of his visa application form.

Just a gesture of respect. We have a special relationship with the UK and many of us try to show as much respect as we can. I’d love to see the British Royal Family patch up their disagreements and get along.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Just a gesture of respect. We have a special relationship with the UK and many of us try to show as much respect as we can. I’d love to see the British Royal Family patch up their disagreements and get along.

Too late for that.