**** Australian Tourist Visa then Marrying in Oz, then applying for Partner Visa ****

Hoping that some people can help here with their previous experiences.

My girlfriend and I (an Aussie citizen), are planning on her coming to Oz on a "Visitor Visa Tourist Stream (apply outside Australia)" then for us to marry in Oz. We will then immediately apply for a "Partner Visa" for her to live in Oz forever with me and for us to have a baby quickly once she is living in Oz with me. I believe tourist visas are granted for a 12 month period as multiple entry and each entry can stay for a maximum of 3 months. I believe that if staying in Oz on a tourist visa, you are not allowed to stay for more than a total of 12 months in an 18 month period.

Is it faster to get approved for the "Partner Visa (apply in Australia)" or the "Partner Visa (apply overseas)"? Does anyone have recent experience with this?

Does going through an agent fast-track getting a Partner Visa at all? Are there any real benefits in using an agent?

Is it possible to apply for a "Partner Visa" immediately after marrying in Oz while she's on a "Visitor Visa Tourist Stream" or does the application have to be from outside the country? Do all "Visitor Visa Tourist Stream" get the condition attached to it "8503 No Further Stay" so you can't apply for another visa while in Oz? Has anyone successfully got the "8503 No Further Stay" condition waived on a "Visitor Visa Tourist Stream"? Looking at the Immigration website it says "While you are in Australia, you are unable to make a valid visa application for any new substantive visa other than a protection visa." so that would mean a "Partner Visa (apply in Australia)" wouldn't be possible, only an overseas application, but when I have Googled this, sometimes "Visitor Visa Tourist Stream" gets issued without this condition in the past.

Looking at the processing time for either of the two Partner Visas take a very long time. It could take up to 37 months for 90% of applicants. This would be a very long time before she can live here. I'm wondering, after applying for a "Partner Visa (apply overseas)" if she can still come back to live here at 3 months at a time on the already approved Visitor Visa and maybe flying to New Zealand and back every 3 months until the 12 months expire? Then is it possible to apply for another "Visitor Visa Tourist Stream (apply in Australia)" if the Partner Visa is not yet approved and do the same until the time that the Parner Visa is approved?

There is also a "Visitor Visa Sponsored family stream", I'm not sure if this can be used in conjuction to help at all. Anyone know about this? Thanks

Edited by bbi1

Is it possible for her to have a baby here in a public hospital while on a Visitor Visa Tourist Stream? Would Medicare cover this since I'm an Aussie citizen or not because the baby is coming out of her body, not my body? Alternatively, would getting private health insurance with pregnancy cover be beneficial? I think they all have 12 month waiting periods for this. I've never had private health insurance in Australia, so this is also all new to me.

Edited by bbi1

Upon arrival in Oz, say two months later, apply for a partner visa. Partner will be granted a bridging visa. You need to check the waiting time for processing, but around 12 months. Check online the T&Cs to see if see is eligible for work and access to Medicare whilst waiting for partner visa to be granted.

BTW the info you seek is available online.

2 hours ago, simple1 said:

Upon arrival in Oz, say two months later, apply for a partner visa. Partner will be granted a bridging visa. You need to check the waiting time for processing, but around 12 months. Check online the T&Cs to see if see is eligible for work and access to Medicare whilst waiting for partner visa to be granted.

BTW the info you seek is available online.

Thanks for your input.

Will that be possible? The Oz Immigration site says that it usually grants a "Visitor Visa Tourist Stream" with the condition attached to it "8503 No Further Stay", meaning no substantial visas can be applied for while in Oz, meaning that an application for a Partner Visa (apply in Australia) is not possible: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/already-have-a-visa/check-visa-details-and-conditions/see-your-visa-conditions?product=600-29B

Do you have any website links where a Partner Visa (apply in Australia) can be applied for and a Bridging Visa being granted while being a holder of a Visitor Visa Tourist Stream? Thanks

Edited by bbi1