Son kills father in brutal attack, Thai village demands life sentence

webfact

image.jpeg

A 46 year old man was found dead in his home in Nong Bua Lamphu province, Thailand, after allegedly being killed by his 24 year old son. Locals witnessed the son, Amarin, confessing to the murder while covered in blood before being apprehended by police.

At the crime scene, a one-storey house with two bedrooms, the police found the body of Wisanukorn (last name withheld) with facial injuries and signs of blunt force trauma on his head. Amarin, his only son, was seen outside the house, shouting and confessing to have killed his father.

Amarin was known in the neighbourhood for his addiction to drugs and alcohol, and his impulsive nature, often causing issues with other youths in the area. Wisanukorn, his father, had been protecting and looking after him throughout his life. The father often resisted police intervention when his son was involved in violent incidents while intoxicated. “Anyone who reports my son to the police, I will kill him,” Wisanukorn had previously warned his neighbours.

Thaneewan Jantarueang, Assistant Village Head, recounted that Amarin had asked a neighbour to borrow his motorcycle to visit his grandmother after committing the crime, but the neighbour refused. 

by Nattapong Westwood

Top Photo by Khaosod.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/son-kills-father-in-brutal-attack-thai-village-demands-life-sentence

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The father often resisted police intervention when his son was involved in violent incidents while intoxicated. “Anyone who reports my son to the police, I will kill him,” Wisanukorn had previously warned his neighbours.

Som nam na... reap what you sow.

• Thumbs Up 2