Shopping For Clothes

hong

From the way I see it , try the second hand shops

The TRENDY people all look like that is where they buy... prearranged and specifically placed rips, snags, and tears, all in the right locations.

Anybody remember Mickey Mouse Club,,,, The Adventures of Spin and Marty??

Early Trendy

Edited by Gonzo the Face

The TRENDY people all look like that is where they buy... prearranged and specifically placed rips, snags, and tears, all in the right locations.

Early Trendy

I'm not that TRENDY and not that Rugged, just normal nice polo shirt, t-shirt or shirt. Where can I get it?

You may want to try the ... Import Export ... Place , They seem to have a lot of western clothing, and I have found it to be pretty reasonable... They seem to have just about everything there and in bigger sizes, not only the smaller so called Thai "large" sizes

Out past Centran Kad San Kaew like you were going to the ZOO or Doi Suthep, on the left about 100M before you get to the canal road...

Worth a try

You may want to try the ... Import Export ... Place

There's another in Airport Plaza if your in that area and they are indeed very good. Not only for shirts but the AP one does an extensive array of casual trousers as well which have worn very well. Havn't visited the branch GtF mentioned but likely they also carry. If that doesn't work out the night market on Changklan will provide and there are few punters around at present so bargain hard.

You may want to try the ... Import Export ... Place

There's another in Airport Plaza if your in that area and they are indeed very good. Not only for shirts but the AP one does an extensive array of casual trousers as well which have worn very well. Havn't visited the branch GtF mentioned but likely they also carry. If that doesn't work out the night market on Changklan will provide and there are few punters around at present so bargain hard.

The Great American outlet at Airport Plaza does carry big sizes and nice clothing for a reasonable price. Thai made and rather good quality. The export shops seem to carry totally off sizes especially for pants and jeans. Have to try 10 times before something fits properly. And not that cheap either.

In department stores and shopping malls look out for LTD brand and Bodyglove - they both normally have deals on polo shirts (sometimes buy 1 get 1) and are good quality / good value. Normally works out at something like Baht 300/shirt and they have all colours. LTD also tend to be good for long sleeve shirts and jeans.

Anywhere I might find linen (or linen-cotton mix) trousers - good quality linen, and neither particularly big/farang nor tiny/thai size. Not imported farang brand names which are as expensive as buying abroad.

(I find the import export shop's trousers ill fitting for my size - ie for my waist they're usually too big/tall. The Jaspai brand trousers fitted me ok - where's the CM outlet for men, and would they have linen?)

You may want to try the ... Import Export ... Place , They seem to have a lot of western clothing, and I have found it to be pretty reasonable... They seem to have just about everything there and in bigger sizes, not only the smaller so called Thai "large" sizes

Out past Centran Kad San Kaew like you were going to the ZOO or Doi Suthep, on the left about 100M before you get to the canal road...

Worth a try

It's actually called "71 Export" Left hand side of Huay Kaew just before Canal Rd. Headed towards the mountain.

You are not going to find linen slacks, major brand dress shirts, etc. Go to the dept. stores for these items. But lots of jeans, casual cargo pocket pants, Hawaiian style shirts, polos, etc. They seem to have a lot of "overrun" items- example Columbia brand cargo shorts/pants with the label cut with a scissor. Not%2

Edited by mcgriffith

Lotus Eater:- Why not have the linen trousers made to measure at a local tailors?

This would be the obvious option IF I knew where to find good quality linen (or even linen/cotton mix) on sale in Chiang Mai. Do you know?

This is often the reason I buy clothes abroad - because they seem to have the good materials, even though they may then get the clothes made in a country with cheap labour.

I used to try to have clothes made in Chiang Mai when I first got here - a long time ago - but the quality of the cloth was so terrible that I gave up. I have heard that the situation is different in Bangkok, but I have no expertise in this area and I'm afraid that they would just sell me crap for a bunch of money and I wouldn't realize it till I wore it and felt uncomfortable.

Right now, I wear almost anything as long as it is all cotton and will fit me. If there is a place that makes clothes with good quality linen or soft cotton, please let me know! :o

Early Trendy

I'm not that TRENDY and not that Rugged, just normal nice polo shirt, t-shirt or shirt. Where can I get it?

did you see any @ airport plaza basement level

also try Centerpoint past Kad San Kaew, next to Shell station

theres also a couple of places in the night bazaar, a shop next door to Royal Princess Hotel called Night Fashions?

how much you willing to spend on a polo shirt?

I know for womens basics, Tesco Lotus near-ish to the airport has some good priced stuff. Great for t-shirts etc.

Im not sure what their men section would hold for you style and size wise, but i dont see why they wouldnt stock items such as polo shirts.

Generally cotton too. Quality seems ok, esp for the price.

Early Trendy

theres also a couple of places in the night bazaar, a shop next door to Royal Princess Hotel called Night Fashions?

yes, i've seen the shops @ airport plaze basement level but i haven't try Centerpoint past kad san kaew. I bought 120bht to 150bht for a polo shirt in night bazaar, so roughly should be that price range.

Early Trendy

yes, i've seen the shops @ airport plaze basement level but i haven't try Centerpoint past kad san kaew. I bought 120bht to 150bht for a polo shirt in night bazaar, so roughly should be that price range.

perhaps warolot market? cheap tees etc havent seen polos there thou