Ubon Ratchathani Immigration Launches Crackdown on Overstaying Foreigners

webfact

It's been a while since I was there, but I recall a sizable Indian community.  A lot of Sikhs.  The hell if I know why.  And no one tried to sell me a suit. :smile:

Maybe this warning is with them in mind.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Poor guys, if they have to live there they could at least be left alone!

Ok, man! Just feel free to go out with all that is so terrible with Ubon! Where do you live, that is soo good? Think about the air quality before answering that ???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

It's been a while since I was there, but I recall a sizable Indian community.  A lot of Sikhs.  The hell if I know why.  And no one tried to sell me a suit. :smile:

Maybe this warning is with them in mind.

Yes. A lot of Sikhs. Thai citizens. Born in Thailand.

3 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

You been reading the Daily Mail or listening to Fox News?

Agreed. We all have our role in society. mine was as a history educator. Thus, I became aware of this previous statement on immigration from even before the founding of the USA. Anti immigrant attitudes and laws are part and parcel of US History. Sad so few know some of their countries history ... it leads to repeating mistakes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, proton said:

Thailand is an advanced country when it comes to illegal immigration, liberal western policies is a slow suicide.

So stated when Germans, and Irish and Italians and, etc. immigrated to the USA. Each new wave was met by resistance. The KKK, some forget, stood firmly opposed to negroes, Roman Catholics and immigrants.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

You been reading the Daily Mail or listening to Fox News?

Both.....and they called the Libs snowflakes! oh the ever so tiresome grievances..24/7/365

I think they are mad now that THEY are the minority....... Kings of Projection and Hypocrisy....

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

736546.jpg

UBON RATCHATHANI - Pol. Lt. Col. Chatchai Samniam, the Provincial Immigration Commander of Ubon Ratchathani, issued an order for the officers of Ubon Ratchathani Immigration to launch an operation to apprehend overstaying foreign nationals and to conduct a crackdown on illegal activities.

This operation will take place from June 7 to June 21, 2023, with the purpose of sweeping and apprehending foreigners who have exceeded their authorized stay (known as "overstay") and preventing them from evading capture and entering the city, reported Siam Rath.

Yet another ineffective crackdown, let's see how many they will catch and how many law-abiding foreigners they will have to inconvenience just to catch a few lawbreakers.

If they did their jobs more efficiently, they wouldn't need to "crackdown". 

They would just put out a warrant online on the day each visa expires, like every other modern immigration force manages to do, then go act on it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

A lot of truth right there.

One day they might just come for you, as they tend to do in authoritarian states, no reason needed.  You'll sing a different song about your "rights" then no doubt. 

• Like 1

I just hope that this terrible immigration office in Phibul Mangsahan is no longer the only place in Ubol.

Years ago I needed a re-entry permit and was sent back to Bangkok to get it. In Bangkok they laughed and said, that a re-entry permit can be obtained everywhere. Driving all the way back I passed the Phibul Mangsahan office again and told the lady in no uncertain terms, how much fun it was to waste two days for something she was supposed to do within her line of duty. Answer was, that Bangkok can say, what they want and that they knew what their duties are and what not. 

If the same people would be in charge of checking vehicles on paid road tax or valid driving licenses ........ but let's not go there - me thinks! 

18 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Both.....and they called the Libs snowflakes! oh the ever so tiresome grievances..24/7/365

I think they are mad now that THEY are the minority....... Kings of Projection and Hypocrisy....

Well, you used words

5 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

dude, you read the Daily Mail

dude....im a Yank..is why im in LOS to escape the Maga Terrorists and King Baby

Sidenote Happy Bday to King Baby..All Hail.....enjoy your last year as a free man

Kudos on your Legacy as its now in the history books.........Legacy of Sh*t

On 6/12/2023 at 8:22 AM, webfact said:

foreign national whose travel documents revealed that they had overstayed their permitted duration

Great work. 

Remove the illegal foreigners, too many foreigners here in Thailand now, it's becoming the same <deleted> hole I left behind. 

I want the old Thailand back, all these whinging and whining foreigners I see every day are making want to vomit. 

Thanks for removing this trash Thailand ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

dude....im a Yank..is why im in LOS to escape the Maga Terrorists and King Baby

Sidenote Happy Bday to King Baby..All Hail.....enjoy your last year as a free man

Kudos on your Legacy as its now in the history books.........Legacy of Sh*t

haha you are on something as well ????  it must be good