Power off island wide midnight to 4am?

2 minutes ago, MJCM said:

In the bottom of the letter it’s written in English

00:00 till 4am June 15th

Yes. I already edited my post to say that. Posted on my phone ans computer in for repair and my eyes aren’t so good. Well I thought I did. ????

Edited by phetphet
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can get fans that have solar panels with a battery that if fully charged first will last about 4 hours.  These fans can also be charged using electricity.  They are not as good as regular fans but will get you through it.

This is one example:

solar fan

Edited by rwill
  • Thumbs Up 1

This from the PEA

14 June 2023

Subject: Power Outage
Dear Customers
Due to the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand, EGAT, it is necessary to disconnect the 115 KV Khanom Transmission Line KN-PEA#1 (KN7032) for testing work on KN QV3B equipment over 20 years old on 15 June 2023 at 00.00 am -04.00 am. Hence, it is necessary to temporarily suspend the electricity supply to carry out repairs to the distribution system and improve the distribution system Therefore, please do not work on high voltage transmission lines. And if there is a bedridden patient who needs to use electricity, please notify the Koh Samui District Electricity Authority.
Areas without electricity temporarily, device code KMB08WS-05, in front of World Resort Hotel to Bophut T-junction, the coastline is completely off. and some parts of the mountain side Soi Lawana Resort, Soi Hansa, Soi The Wolf Bophut, Bophut intersection to Condo Replay, partially off the mountain side
Replay Condo to Nora Buri Choeng Mon, Plai Laem Soi 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 Plai Laem Soi 8, Choeng Mon side and Nora Buri Hotel.

Please be informed and apologize for this inconvenience.

Regards,

PEA

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Muhendis said:

And food being nicely warmed up in the fridge.

Pre-warned so just buy some bags of ice and leave them in your fridge, turn down the temp of the fridge a couple of hours before. You are lucky where I live it goes of 9am till 5pm when major upgrades are carried out, my fridge stays fairly cold. and I can run up to 500 watt from my car if need be.

2 hours ago, CFCol said:

It was not island wide. Don't believe the Bar Talk.

It was a small proportion of the island round Banrack and Chaweng.

My area was not affected.

Wasn't bar talk. Rather a misunderstanding between a Thai and a foreigner. I did think I had edited it out a few minutes after posting it once I saw the map, but as I said, I was doing it on my phone and my eyes are playing up, so somehow the edit didn't save.