Internet Speed Way Down

kdf

I am getting single digit dl speeds from Singapore, US, and UK.

I have Maxnet 1000/500.

Since I am getting 984 dl from Bangkok servers, my problem is not the usual oversold pipe problem.

Any other Pattayans having this problem?

More importantly, are there better options than Maxnet?

thanks

kdf

I have Maxnet 1000/500.

Since I am getting 984 dl from Bangkok servers, my problem is not the usual oversold pipe problem.

thanks

kdf

I run 2 ISP's at home: Maxnet and CAT Hinet. Both have been running very slowly today on most sites including ThaiVisa. Like you, I get full speed to local sites.

I've been using Maxnet for over a year and generally they are ok as far as ISPs in Thailand are concerned. I run 2 for a reason - to make sure I have at least one working at all times. Whatever you do, don't change to TOT.

If you want to pay a little more for fast customer service, try CAT. I had a dead line the day after the freak storm we had last week and they came out within 30 minutes of me calling them.

Edited by tropo

I have Maxnet 1000/500.

thanks

kdf

I run 2 ISP's at home: Maxnet and CAT Hinet. Both have been running very slowly today on most sites including ThaiVisa. Like you, I get full speed to local sites.

I've been using Maxnet for over a year and generally they are ok as far as ISPs in Thailand are concerned. I run 2 for a reason - to make sure I have at least one working at all times. Whatever you do, don't change to TOT.

If you want to pay a little more for fast customer service, try CAT. I had a dead line the day after the freak storm we had last week and they came out within 30 minutes of me calling them.

Wow, that is quick service. Thanks for the heads up. I will check out CAT.

I guess streaming video American football will be difficult, esp. as the place and pipe fills up again after low season.

thanks

kdf

Ihave TOT way out Na Jomtian near that new condo they are building La Royal or something......any how I have had them allmost 2 years now and now they are very very bad, I am on the 1 meg play. 1024 down, 512 up.....2 years ago I would get 700 or 800 on speakeasy speedtest from San Francisco now the mad I can get is 450, most of the time it is 100kps...on the thai speedtest site I get 800....I was thinking about trying CSloginfo..but it sounds like they are all bad......I callled TOT and they had a guy come out and check things but it did not help at all...called TOT agian and they suggest I get the business plan for 2,700 THB I am in Bangkok most of the tiem so paying that must just to use on the weekend a few times per month is NOT worth it....but haeing 100 kps idownload and even tring to answer lots of email for work is a big hassel.....csloxinfo wanats 1,500 for the same plan. well it would be worth 500 THB if it worked better.....seems thailands interent is getting worse not better....My true connection in Bangkok gets close to the 2 meg speeds most of the time at least......

Internet went down for me a few days ago around midnight (local). Next day it was up again but since then it has been quite slow. Not painfully, but clearly slower than it used to be. Not sure what's going on, full disclosure isn't a Thai habit :o