Used Cars.

I am looking at buying a used car, Yaris, Fiesta, Jazz, Mazda etc, I have been doing a bit of research on the net but the prices vary widely and most have over 100km on the clock. I appreciate used cars can be expensive in Thailand, I have bought and sold cars in the U.K. for years but in general you gauge the prices and condition from the various guides online.

Is there a car dealer in the Pattaya area, main dealer or otherwise where you can view used cars, obviously there isn’t any in central Pattaya ?

1 hour ago, Alex1944 said:

I am looking at buying a used car, Yaris, Fiesta, Jazz, Mazda etc, I have been doing a bit of research on the net but the prices vary widely and most have over 100km on the clock.

Depending on the car, 100k is not a lot now days. 

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Two years ago I bought a new car, and traded my older car at the dealer. I don't know if all dealers do but mine did. What they do is that they have a network of used car dealers that they work with, Of course you will not get as much as if you sold it yourself, but who wants to bother with that? 

I traded a car a few years ago as well, but the it really wasn’t the dealer that bought it, they called a guy in. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

For that money, you're best looking at a Nissan or MG, they depreciate the fastest, 

I got my MG6 that way. The Thais don't want them so they are cheap. It's been great, 250k with 42,000 km on it. Runs good, looks good.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, carlyai said:

Dark black roads with no road lights and impossible to see big holes.

You try driving from Pattaya to Mukdahan in the night and you'll see what I mean.

I have fitted Extra lights to my car the same as on motor bikes, very bright.

25 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

I got my MG6 that way. The Thais don't want them so they are cheap. It's been great, 250k with 42,000 km on it. Runs good, looks good.

The MG looks a very nice car, the only issue I read in a review was they leaked water through the door seals ?

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The MG looks a very nice car, the only issue I read in a review was they leaked water through the door seals ?

And MG has really stepped up the dealer network to gain market share, so plenty of dealers around for service in the event things go south. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Up to 250k Thai baht, tbh it will only be for a run about, I do not intend to be going on long journeys.

Any honda jazz will be quite old for that kind of price. Mazda 2 may be better value for money.  secondhand. https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/mazda-2-sports-maxx-sports-bangkok-metropolitan-srinagarindra-thepharak/10896863

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/honda-jazz-v-i-vtec-bangkok-metropolitan-lak-si-saphan-mai-chaeng-wattana/11996148?auc=true

• Thumbs Up 1