Ok - so after all the messing around with the previous IO, I am back in Thailand with a TR for 60 days.
I would like to stay for one year or more (I'm over 50) but do not have the 800K required. And I still don't have a Thai bank account.
I've got 65k plus going into my overseas account monthly though. (I'm a freelancer so this comes from various sources.)
My embassy does have the facility to provide an income letter.
So... while I'm tempted to use a 'no money' agent - the one in Phuket seems to have reviews for and against - if I was to do this on my own, I would need:

A Thai bank account with a TR and a certificate of residence.
Bank statements from overseas verified by my embassy.
A TM 86 with all the photos and copies etc

Does this sound about right?

most offices I believe require 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account and it has to be verified that it came from outside of Thailand, some might accept the 65,000 baht a month but it also would have to be in a Thai bank account with international transfer verification. They would also probably want to see 12 months of transfers.

Best if you go to whatever office you plan on using and see what they will acccept

• Thumbs Up 1

Discuss this directly with Phuket immigration. Maybe the income letter from your embassy might be sufficient but, for the original Non O at immigration, I have my doubts, especially as you cannot show fixed income sources like pensions.