Termite spray

YorkshireTyke

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Mix boric acid or borax with honey, and leave it near any signs of infestation.

Worker ants carry it back to the nest, and it kills the queen.

Good idea, but does that work with Termites as the OP is asking about Termites. And what leaving that about if you have dogs or cats around?

Dogs can exhibit signs of toxicity at approximately . 02 ounces of boric acid per pound of bodyweight.

https://wagwalking.com/condition/borate-poisoning

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Good idea, but does that work with Termites as the OP is asking about Termites. And what leaving that about if you have dogs or cats around?

https://wagwalking.com/condition/borate-poisoning

According to Dr. Google, boric acid is effective in poisoning termites.

https://www.google.com/search?channel=fs&client=ubuntu&q=termite+poisoning+methods

As for dogs and cats, I would have thought the sensible thing to do is to leave the baits where they can't access them.

Termites process wood ( carbohydrate ) into sugar, they would most likely appreciate the short cut.

• Thumbs Up 1

Almost any insecticide does the job, available on Lazada.

The one i have is in a white bottle and cost around 500-700b I liter dilutes to 200 liter.

also kills ticks and much more. 

Edited by brianthainess

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

As for dogs and cats, I would have thought the sensible thing to do is to leave the baits where they can't access them.

But it's good to warn people about it.

Fipronil is the chemical used in Oz by exterminators and there you need a license to purchase it. I have bought some from lazada. Lazada has many weapons promising to kill or promise to be fipronil. The one I tried worked well.  I believe it expires too. Use fresh fipronil. 

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.Qitwm

Check online for mixing ratios. It's something like 10ml to I litre water that I can recall. It's important to make the solution just right so it kills slowly . Let's the population moveabout and pass on death to rest of them buggers.

Edited by TimeMachine
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Check online for mixing ratios. It's something like 10ml to I litre water that I can recall. It's important to make the solution just right so it kills slowly . Let's the population moveabout and pass on death to rest of them buggers.

Thx for the link.

On the Image it says 30-50Ml per 20 Liters of Water so a lot less and the bottle contains 1  Liter

????

Edit: Ordered a Bottle

Edited by MJCM

Thanks all, some good info there. When I looked in my local Homepro they only had the spray cans for spot spraying, not the big bottles for diluting but buy online is the way to go.

Homepro or Lazada, may try the Fipronil but looking at Google translate it seems more for protecting vegetables ?

I want a harmless spray to spray in the house, around the laminate flooring edges etc

4 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Thanks all, some good info there. When I looked in my local Homepro they only had the spray cans for spot spraying, not the big bottles for diluting but buy online is the way to go.

Homepro or Lazada, may try the Fipronil but looking at Google translate it seems more for protecting vegetables ?

I want a harmless spray to spray in the house, around the laminate flooring edges etc

At you're own risk but I've been using the diluted fipronil stuff inside and I'm still breathing.  The termites hide in the dark so you'll have to somehow inject into their homes without disturbing them too much. Spot spraying is an option for certain problems but I had all out infestation. They came back after a few years. I keep a bait box around now that I redo every few years.

25 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

At you're own risk but I've been using the diluted fipronil stuff inside and I'm still breathing.  The termites hide in the dark so you'll have to somehow inject into their homes without disturbing them too much. Spot spraying is an option for certain problems but I had all out infestation. They came back after a few years. I keep a bait box around now that I redo every few years.

I haven't got any termites, the spray is a preventive measure. What I'm saying is the google translate doesn't mention termites, it sounds more like a pesticide?

Product Name : Turdus

Common Name : Fipronil 5% W/V EC

Benefits: Prevent and eliminate vegetable wireworm, cotton anchor borer, tobacco threadworm, Indra buffalo threadworm. Creeping worm, cauliflower, anchor borer weevil aphids, aphids, thrips Jumping aphid Cotton mite, red mite Crops used cotton, sugarcane, potatoes Tobacco, soybeans, onions, peppers, cruciferous vegetables, grapes, corn and other crops are insecticides and mites.

How to use : 200 cc/200 liters of water or 30-40 cc/20 liters of water.

Also all the ones mentioned only come in 1 litre bottles, I don't think the pesticide companies only buy 1 litre bottles, however, I have found 5 litre bottles also in Homepro online of the Chaindrite stuff.

TERMITE KILLER CHAINDRITE STEDFAST 30SC 5L (homepro.co.th)

Chaindrite 40EC is oil based, will stay on plants and top soil longer. MIx with 40 parts water. I use this around the house. I just use a watering can with a sprinkling head, dont need to  spray.

Chaindrite 30SC is odorless water based, mix with 60 parts water. My gardener pour this straight from the bottle into the pest control pipes embedded in the house foundation, and force water into the pipes after.

Screenshot 2023-06-22 002842.png

Edited by Thailand J

On 6/20/2023 at 5:24 AM, brianthainess said:

Almost any insecticide does the job, available on Lazada.

The one i have is in a white bottle and cost around 500-700b I liter dilutes to 200 liter.

also kills ticks and much more. 

Strong stuff. Maybe kills humans too?

Mix Boric acid powder ( about  200 ) baht lazada for 1.Kg.

Mix 4 tablespoons Boric acid powder, 10 tablespoons sugar, 2 liters water.

Spray around outside of house every 2 weeks. problem gone and stays gone.

Well that's what I do.

Edited by rocketboy2