Renewal of Retirement O-A Visa

Tazmo

Can anyone please confirm that when renewing the above, my passport has to be 12 months before the expiry date?

My Visa expires in July 2023 and my passport expires in May 2024.

I am planning to renew the Visa tomorrow, here in CM it can be done 45 days before expiry of the visa.

I am traveling to the UK in Early July for a month and was planning to renew my passport there.

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

It is not a Visa renewal that you will be doing, but an application for the 1-year extension of your original Non Imm O-A Visa. 

But when applying for the extension the new Permit to stay you will receive will not be for 12 months but will be capped to the expiry date of your passport.

Don't forget to buy a Re-Entry Permit after having received your new Non Imm O-A based Permit to stay, to keep it alive when exiting the country.  When you do not travel abroad frequently a Single-Entry Re-Entry Permit (1.000,- THB) suffices.

If I may without being too particular..... It is NOT an extension of that Non Immigrant O-A-VISA either.... It is an 1 year extension of the "Period of stay" or "permission of stay" that was granted and based on that O-A-VISA originally....

Edited by glegolo18
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

If I may without being too particular..... It is NOT an extension of that Non Immigrant O-A-VISA either.... It is an 1 year extension of the "Period of stay" or "permission of stay" that was granted and based on that O-A-VISA originally....

Yes, you are correct.

7 hours ago, Tazmo said:

BTW I don’t and never needed Insurance Certificates for my renewals.

I have got cover nevertheless. Thx.

When you apply for the 1-year extension based on your original Non Imm O-A Visa and you do this for reason of retirement, a Thai health-insurance policy that meets the Non Imm O-A coverage requirements is mandatory. 

However, when you apply for reason of marriage or dependant thai children, there is no need for any health-insurance coverage.  Also in those latter cases the financial requirements that need to be met, are much lower.

I done it today without any Insurance requirements.

I never had Health insurance all my life, until applying for “1 year extension “, second time around ( first one was changed when I got a job to a work permit).

I was misled into getting Insurance which I did , but never needed it.

An Agent who assisted me in the past also said the same. So I am a bit confused about this ?

5 minutes ago, Tazmo said:

I done it today without any Insurance requirements.

I never had Health insurance all my life, until applying for “1 year extension “, second time around ( first one was changed when I got a job to a work permit).

I was misled into getting Insurance which I did , but never needed it.

An Agent who assisted me in the past also said the same. So I am a bit confused about this ?

Have you been getting extensions on a Non IMM O or O-A?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tazmo said:

It’s a Non IMM O, thx Bill 97

There ya go.......its just your topic 'Renewal of retirement OA Visa' that has caused all the questions, Non O  extensions - no health insurance required.....

• Love It 1