Makro Pro

mirage

Stock control a Makro.

Good laughter ????

Don't want to bore with details just one: Tuesday is the "maybe have wife's favorite (frozen) bread roll " day.

No chance Wed to Mon.

The other type is lying around like stinking fish.

Other products vanish for weeks and months. Big hooray on return.

Customer service: a mate regularly bought Schweppes. Always only one box available. Asked whether they can order more. Blank stare. Can not.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

You would think every Makro store is almost the same since it's a chain store. Reality is far from that. It depends a lot on the store size, location and obviously the store manager how their range of products is and how well they are stocked. I have around three Makros around my home and avoid two like the plague.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CecilM said:

Not just at Makro. You can add BigC and Tops to that list. Just the way it is. (And I’d also not wait 3 days before clicking on submit.)

ORdered BigC a few days ago...almost nothing on stock...even the mineral waters. No ham and salami....no organic eggs. Looks more like someone did not update the stock because it can't be that the water is out of stock.

5 hours ago, CecilM said:

Not just at Makro. You can add BigC and Tops to that list. Just the way it is. (And I’d also not wait 3 days before clicking on submit.)

Tops can be a pain for online shopping . I.E. Checked online for availability of groceries because I am outside of their delivery area . Drove the 30 minutes to the store and none of the 6 Waitrose items were available - out of stock .  Stock control is not a new invention . All done via the bar code , fed through the till and automatically to the supply depot . Hence no pain restocking . I do not think that happens in Thailand  

23 hours ago, mirage said:

Is anyone else have problems with Makro Pro since it changed from Makro Click ?.

The Thai wife and I both had/have Makro online accounts that we both used often thru the years for home delivery... As soon as Makro made the switch to Pro (whatever that means), we were both locked out of both their website and their app and unable to log-into our accounts.

Finally this past week called Makro's customer service number to complain. First call resulted in a promise to get back to us... They never did. Second call resulted in a promise to resolve things... A few days later, they did in fact fix the problems inhouse.

One of the problems was....when I went to try to reset my password, their system would say they're sending an OTP code to my mobile phone... But, even though the number was correct, never got any OTP codes from them.... Until the 2nd call finally triggered them to successfully send one to me and I in fact used to successfully update my password.

In dealing with the problems, I was looking at the ratings for the Makro app in the Google Play store. All the recent ratings from users are horrible.... like one star, the lowest rating. So they seem to have made quite a cock-up of their Makro Pro conversion.

I haven't ordered yet under the new system... but one other thing I noticed... In the past here in BKK, as best as I recall, I used to get free delivery on orders above 1,000 baht. But now, somehow, if I'm reading things right, they seem to now have a 3000 baht minimum order to qualify for free delivery.

17 minutes ago, superal said:

Tops can be a pain for online shopping . I.E. Checked online for availability of groceries because I am outside of their delivery area . Drove the 30 minutes to the store and none of the 6 Waitrose items were available - out of stock .  Stock control is not a new invention . All done via the bar code , fed through the till and automatically to the supply depot . Hence no pain restocking . I do not think that happens in Thailand  

I don't know or understand exactly what it is with stocking issues here, but it often seems to be a big problem with the various supermarket chains, both in the online and in-store modes...

We used to shop at Tops Central Food Hall pretty regularly, and buy the same items each week to resupply our stocks at home. They'd invariably be out of stock on the store shelves of certain things, but when I'd check, it turned out they'd have plenty of stock in their in-store warehouse area...that for some reason they hadn't bothered to put out on the actual store shelves.

Then with imported items there's a whole nother layer of complications. Once they start carrying some item, they can't seem to reliably keep it in stock.  And imported items often pop up for a period of time, and then disappear never to be seen or stocked again.

And, in the chains, they'll sell out of some item at a busy store, and yet have plenty of unsold stock of the same item in a less busy, more out of the way store. But they'll never seem to think, on their own, to have the busy, in demand store take/transfer some of the unsold stock from the other store in order to accommodate their customers.

It's like the whole operations are being run by a bunch of amateurs.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't know or understand exactly what it is with stocking issues here, but it often seems to be a big problem with the various supermarket chains, both in the online and in-store modes...

We used to shop at Tops Central Food Hall pretty regularly, and buy the same items each week to resupply our stocks at home. They'd invariably be out of stock on the store shelves of certain things, but when I'd check, it turned out they'd have plenty of stock in their in-store warehouse area...that for some reason they hadn't bothered to put out on the actual store shelves.

Then with imported items there's a whole nother layer of complications. Once they start carrying some item, they can't seem to reliably keep it in stock.  And imported items often pop up for a period of time, and then disappear never to be seen or stocked again.

And, in the chains, they'll sell out of some item at a busy store, and yet have plenty of unsold stock of the same item in a less busy, more out of the way store. But they'll never seem to think, on their own, to have the busy, in demand store take/transfer some of the unsold stock from the other store in order to accommodate their customers.

It's like the whole operations are being run by a bunch of amateurs.

Unprofessional for sure and maybe a clue here to why Tesco pulled out of Thailand ? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I disagree.

When you shop in house, your get the product that you want at the price that you want, when you want it.

And you can pay in cash without putting dodgy apps on your phone.

Reading all of the complaints around the place, that is not always true with online shopping.

Depends a lot on your location. I have no desire to drive for over an hour to find out that brick and mortar retailers are out of stock. I much prefer finding out things are out of stock from my recliner ????????

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Stock control a Makro.

Good laughter ????

Don't want to bore with details just one: Tuesday is the "maybe have wife's favorite (frozen) bread roll " day.

No chance Wed to Mon.

The other type is lying around like stinking fish.

Other products vanish for weeks and months. Big hooray on return.

Customer service: a mate regularly bought Schweppes. Always only one box available. Asked whether they can order more. Blank stare. Can not.

And you may well find that the on the spot staff don't have any knowledge of 'can/cannot' order. And they don't ask their supervisor because they are lower ranking therefore to ask a question to the high ranking supervisor would be very rude and unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, Regyai said:

at Makro probably half of it is negated by isles blocked or shut entirely by perverse restocking antics that should be done overnight

National forklift championships ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

National forklift championships ????

Indeed

Must take one hell of an unenlightened mindset that makes it a roll of the dice as to what your customers can actually access to purchase. (Notwithstanding whether or not it is in/or out of stock in the first place due to managerial ineptitude).

On 6/22/2023 at 7:13 PM, zzaa09 said:

What's become of actual in-house physical shopping.....?? 

CONVENIENCE and technology that's whatHome delivery...Amazon, Lazada, Shopee, Villa, Makro, Grab, Home Pro, Big C, Lotus...and on and on and on. However in-store is still there, if that's yo thing. Go ahead and shop brick & mortar to your heart's content. I loathe being out around humans, if unnecessary. Much more convenient to have items delivered to my door for a minimal fee. It's great. Should give it a go. Crawl on into the 21st Century:coffee1: