House rental Sangha Any information appreciated

shunter

Has anyone here any information or experience concerning house rental 2/3 bedrooms. townhouse or a detached house in Sangha town or nearby? Rental costs and reliable internet connection, utility services schools, plus any relevant experiences etc.

Any information is greatly appreciated, TYIA,,,

There was real-estate companies in Surin but unsure they still exist. Suggest you tour the area to find where you would like to live, then pop into the local Mom-n-pop shops, who usually seem to know whats going on in their area. May be better to get a Thai to do the enquiring as sometimes the infamous "farang prices" come to play. 

Edited by DILLIGAD

We do visit the area often as my wife's family lives some 12 kilometers from Sangkha, however at 78 years old I find the drive somewhat tedious. And to get said family to do some searching is indeed a challenging task, great folk, but to get them to ask questions and provide logical answers is as I am sure many of us know an interesting past time.  Perhaps time to spend time with family and do our own research, Tried researching property sourcing companies in Surin, sad to say results were about as useful as a chocolate fireguard, However, DILLIGAD many thanks for your comment and getting me to throw off my lethargic shirt and kick start the old grey matter, 

19 hours ago, shunter said:

We do visit the area often as my wife's family lives some 12 kilometers from Sangkha, however at 78 years old I find the drive somewhat tedious. And to get said family to do some searching is indeed a challenging task, great folk, but to get them to ask questions and provide logical answers is as I am sure many of us know an interesting past time.  Perhaps time to spend time with family and do our own research, Tried researching property sourcing companies in Surin, sad to say results were about as useful as a chocolate fireguard, However, DILLIGAD many thanks for your comment and getting me to throw off my lethargic shirt and kick start the ol d grey matter, 

Have you considered somewhere around Ubon, as that's not too far from Sangkha and lots more amenities than other alternatives? They even have condo's that a foreigner can buy/own outright.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Have you considered somewhere around Ubon, as that's not too far from Sangkha and lots more amenities than other alternatives? They even have condo's that a foreigner can buy/own outright.

Did you read the OP's comment below?

On 6/23/2023 at 6:08 AM, shunter said:

We do visit the area often as my wife's family lives some 12 kilometers from Sangkha, however at 78 years old I find the drive somewhat tedious.

Sangkha is approx 160kms from Ubon. Hardly " not too far".

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Did you read the OP's comment below?

Sangkha is approx 160kms from Ubon. Hardly " not too far".

One road all the way (Highway 24). Sometimes it's good to be not too near to the outlaws!

Edited by DILLIGAD

Thanks for all the advice and information to date, going to go to the family home some 12 kilometres from Sangkha and use it as a base  to see if we can find what we want.

• Like 1