Dtac Scheme To Keep Number

I've had this correspondence with DTAC, which I think and hope explains itself, apart from the DTAC official's weird English! I think I've understood the new lingo, but am not sure. Is anyone on TV familiar with this scheme (please see extract in bold) that requests a 50B fee? If so what do I need to do now, if anything? I think the most might be a further small top-up, as I've suggested. I'm not hopeful of a fully understandable response from the DTAC enquiry service. I think my query could have also been expressed a little more clearly.

Are details of this scheme available in English on any site, as I saw nothing on DTAC's site? I think their site is strangely designed. (Actually so is 02's in UK, which I think is not at all well designed.)

Many thanks for anyone with some advice in normal English. I've not yet replied to the last message from DTAC.

Extracts from emails with DTAC:

I do not recall the time limit of my last top up,

> and am currently outside Thailand. Please advise, so I know if I need

> to get a new top up card when I arrive back.

Dear Sir,

> We would

> like to inform you that as we checked to your mobile phone number 085

> xxxxx25 will be cancelled on 07/06/2007. You can refill balance via

> internet banking if you are member of Thailand bank or assign someone

> in Thailand refill balance to you when stayed in oversea.

>

> Best Regards

>

> E - Service Division

This was done and a request for confirmation elicited the following response

Dear Sir,

We appreciate to inform you that as we checked to your mobile phone number 085 xxxxx25 have the remaining balance about 315.06 Baht and will be expired on 05/07/2007.

Best Regards ,

E - Service Unit

I did not realise that it would expire again so soon. Is that the credit only that will expire? Do I need to put more in to keep it alive for longer, and how much is needed to extend to 3 months?

Will the number also be cancelled on 5/7/07, or will that now be ok again for longer, even if the credit has expired? The previous expiry of 6/6/07 was longer than the credit, which must have expired some months ago, and was very little anyway.

All this is probably on the DTAC website but I did not see it.

Maybe I should have let it expire and buy another card when I come next, now probably in August!

Dear Sir,

Your number will be expired on 05/07/2007 and this period you can still keep number and remaining balance but will be cancelled again on 19/08/2007 if you did not refill for a long time and this time, your remaining balance and number wil be also deleted.

Please kindly be adviced you that we provide Simple package which suitable for someone who use for more recieving call and the rate will be charged you 2 baht/minute and user will recieve day to 365 days after applied and refilled balance.For example; if you applied on 09/06/2007 and refill balance about 20 baht after applied, your number will be expired on 09/06/2008. Application ways, you can contact 1678 DTAC call center or reconfirm to us via [email protected] for apply with 50 baht for enrollment fee.

Best Regards ,

E - Service Unit

Your offer seems ok. I'll still have to get a friend to pay in the 50 baht, but I may not be able to arrange that before the 5 July. How can this amount be paid? The same way as the 300 baht was paid? Will I also need to arrange another top up?

Apart from some sms and some local calls I tend to use a Hatari Phonenet card for overseas calls to UK and South Africa, which cost 5 or 6 baht per min, but 11 baht to mobiles in South Africa. What would be any extra charge by DTAC after paying for the new package?

Will you also please send details in Thai of your last reply and to this email to:

Dear Sir,

For Simple package changing, you can confirm your changing purpose to us again and 50 baht for enrollment fee will be deducted from the remaining balance in your number. After we applied to you, we will inform you for refilling which you maybe refill as the same way before. For oversea calling, please kindly be adviced you that if you use Hatari card for call to over, you should to use with landline phone better due to mobile phone using is charged higher rate . Anyway, we have also sent email in Thai about promotion changing and refilling as your request with in below.

Best Regards ,

E - Service Unit

It sounds as though your balance expiration, and number forfeiture, date was June 7, 2007. Then you somehow added value which extended the expiration date 30 days to July 5, 2007.

Further DTAC offers a special promotion, called Simple, which offers certain calling rates and a balance expiration date of up to 365 days. The fee to change to this promotion appears to be 50 baht, which can be deducted from your current balance.

If you somehow already added value again, to extend the expiration date beyond July 5, 2007, and wish to keep the number and remaining balance for up to 1 year, then just reply that you want to enroll in this promotion.

If you had not added value then I think your balance and number expired on July 5, 2007? You might get some sort of reprieve from them if you act quickly.

What a hassle,if your not so bothered about the number,just buy a new sim when you come back,often new sims have a good promotional calling rate for the first 3 months.Then look into how much you need to top up before you leave Thailand next time to be sure it will stay activated whilst your not here..

What a hassle,if your not so bothered about the number,....l...

but I am, and more so the convenience of a simcard before immigration. I've had a reply now from DTAC which is clear enough this time. I only need now to arrange a small top up. So i think it's solved.

I also wanted to highlight the strange lingo of the advisor.